[JPL] Boston Jazz Week Line-Up and Special announcement

mjazzer at yahoo.com mjazzer at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 16:29:57 EDT 2011

Congrats Eric
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Nou Dadoun <nou.dadoun at gmail.com>
Sender: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:18:40
To: <jazzproglist at jazzweek.com>
Subject: Re: [JPL] Boston Jazz Week Line-Up and Special announcement

This week's sponsor: Lisa Hilton UNDERGROUND

UNDERGROUND Lisa Hilton/piano, Nasheet Waits/drums, Larry Grenadier/bass, J.D. Allen/tenor sax

UNDERGROUND arrives at jazz radio this week and showcases Hilton's new approach on it's eight original tracks, and cover of the Bill Evans classic, B Minor Waltz: "I've taken a different approach that has allowed me to broaden my palette and explore new contexts as a composer."

"But how does she sound?  When she wants to, she can coax a sound from the upper - middle register that's reminiscent of the way Bill Evans used to sound: like he was splitting delicate icicles into pieces, gently, with a flick of the middle finger. Hilton's newest CD is stacked with some of the world's greatest musicians"... (Capital Bop).  http://www.LisaHIltonMusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgHMPe9gew

--------

Congratulations Eric, I'm on 25 years this year but the CBC jazz show in
Vancouver "Hot Air" has been on since 1947 (with a number of different hosts
obviously) and I don't think I'll beat that! ... N

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM, eric jackson <eric-jackson at comcast.net>wrote:

> --------
>
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to mention that the listings for Boston Jazz Week have just
> been released and I'm honored that there will be 2 tributes to the 30th
> anniversary of my radio show. Although we don't usually list this kind of
> thing hereon JPL, I thought some of you might find this interesting so I've
> pasted the announcement below.
>
> Eric Jackson
> WGBH Boston
> Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid