[JPL] PLAYLIST: Soulandjazz.com - Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - "New Music #2"

scott at soulandjazz.com scott at soulandjazz.com
Mon Apr 11 20:01:02 EDT 2011

Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 46: “New Music (Part 2)”

Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, “The Jazz Evangelist”

This episode of Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz brings you more New Music from the annals of 2011.  Here it is, fresh, free, & oh so good for you:
http://bit.ly/eBOZW8

You’ll hear a variety of things you may have never heard before – like some Nu Jazz from Italy’s Berardi Jazz Connection, Tim Sars, Mark Rapp & South Korea’s Ji Young Lee . . . some upbeat vocal Jazz from Andréa Wood, Sasha Masakowski & Musical Playground, and Fabio Nobile . . . and something a little more Mainstream from Stix Hooper, Kevin Figes Quartet & Craig Pilo.  Just to mix things up, the show concludes with some Afro-Indian Jazz Funk Rock Fusion from Eric Sempe & Synopsis.

One hour brings you eleven tracks you won’t be hearing anywhere else soon. Please feel free to write, suggest more new artists & CDs, or send questions to Scott at SoulandJazz.com. It’s always great to hear from you.

PLAYLIST: “Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz”

Episode 46: “New Music (Part 2)”

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Berardi Jazz Connection - F.D.P. - The Best of Nu Jazz, Vol. 2 - 2011

Tim Sars - On Cue - Single - 2011

Mark Rapp - Circle Of Life - Disney Jazz Volume I: Everybody Wants To Be A Cat - 2011

Ji Young Lee - Three Sixty Four - Closer To You - 2010

Andréa Wood - Comes Love - Dhyana - 2011

Sasha Masakowski & Musical Playground - Yours: A Love/Hate Letter To My Hometown – Wishes - 2011

Fabio Nobile - Day What a Day - Day What a Day - 2011

Stix Hooper - I’m Gonna Go Fishin’ - Mainstream Straight-Ahead - 2011

Kevin Figes Quartet - Little Miles - Hometime - 2011

Craig Pilo - Spiral Dance - Unsupervised - 2011

Eric Sempe & Synopsis - Essas - Rebirth - 2011