[JPL] 169th Edition of "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 12 11:01:42 EDT 2011

Hello Listeners and Future Listeners,

We are celebrating the 159th program and invite you to give  a listen. As
always we feature Frank Sinatra and icon jazz singers and instrumentalists
in addition to up and comers and jazz greats of today.

As we approach the 160th program, I want to invite your comments the
program. Thanks for Keep the Music Playing....Nancy
--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

03 Come Back to Me    3:22    Frank Sinatra/Duke Ellington    Francis A &
Edward K
04 East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon)    5:58    Diana Krall    Live In
Paris
05 Street of Dreams    2:16    Cannonball Adderley    Adderley and Strings,
Jump For Joy
07 Joy Spring    9:26    DeRose/Stamm    The Nearness of Two
08 Weaver Of Dreams    3:09    Valerie Joyce    New York Blue
09 Moon Dreams    3:20    Miles Davis    Ballads And Blues

11 Old Devil Moon    2:55    Anita O'Day    Anita O'Day - Verve Jazz Masters
49
12  Stairway To The Stars    4:53    Bill Evans Trio    Moonbeams
13 The Moon Was Yellow    2:26    Bill Henderson    Beautiful Memory
14 Blue Moon    2:48    Erroll Garner    That's My Kick & Gemini

16 Moonlight Serenade    3:28    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Studio Recordings (Disc 10)
17 How High The Moon    3:21    Gregory Generet    (Re) Generet-Ion
18 Moonlight in Vermont    5:51    Oscar Peterson Trio    Late Night Piano
19 Reach for Tomorrow    2:54    Nancy Harms    In the Indigo

21 That's All    3:21    Frank Sinatra    Sinatra and Strings
23 Kurt Elling    0:06    ID        ID/PSA
24 Nancy With The Laughing Face    4:57    Kurt Elling    Dedicated To You:
Kurt Elling Sings The Music Of Coltrane And Hartman
25 Seven Steps to Heaven    5:07    Lynne Arriale Trio    Live at Montreux
26 Cheek To Cheek    5:26    Michael O'Neill    Still Dancin'
27 Will You Still Be Mine    6:50    Javon Jackson    Once Upon A Melody

29 Let's Call It A Day    5:52    Charlie Haden Quartet West/ Ruth Cameron
Sophisticated Ladies
30 Nina Never Knew    3:25    Joe Mooney    Lush Life
31 Our Delight    6:43    Paul Gormley Quartet    Our Delight
32 Taking a Chance on Love    3:18    Nancy Wilson    Turned to Blue
33 All Of Me    5:10    Lester Young    Pres & Teddy
34 You'll Have To Swing It    4:20    Nikki Yanofsky    Nikki

36 I'm Glad There Is You    3:09    Frank Sinatra    I've Got a Crush On You
37 I'm Glad There Is You    5:12    Steve Kuhn    Waltz/Red Side
38 I Miss You So - Chris Connor    2:23    Chris Connor    Hommage à Nesuhi
39 Polka Dots And Moonbeams    4:05    Bud Powell    Jazz At Massey Hall
Volume 2
40 I Wish I Were In Love Again    1:36    Carmen McRae    Alive!
41 If I Love Again    2:40    Lou Donaldson    Quartet/Quintet/Sextet    :39
PM
43 We'll Be Together Again    4:43    Elisabeth Kontomanou    Waitin' For
Spring

45 My Favorite Things    7:00    Don Braden    Brighter Days
46 Tea For Two    4:55    Cinzia Spata    Into The Moment
47 In The Blue Of Evening    3:09    George Shearing    Burnished
Brass/Satin Brass
48 Spend An Evening    4:54    Bobby Scott    Slowly
49 All Through The Night    4:04    Warren Vache And The Beaux - Arts String
Quartet    Warm Evenings
50 Better Than Anything    5:13    Al Jarreau    Look To The Rainbow

52 Night And Day    3:59    Frank Sinatra    A Swingin' Affair
53 The Very Thought Of You    2:49    Ella Fitzgerald    Ella Swings Gently
With Nelson
54 Cherokee    2:54    Les Brown    Hollywood Palladium 1957 - #2
54 Cherokee    2:54    Les Brown    Hollywood Palladium 1957 - #2
55 The Touch of Your Lips    5:08    Fay Claassen    Fay Claassen sings Two
Portraits of Chet Baker Vol. 2
56 I've Got You Under My Skin    3:24    Bill Evans    Late Night Piano
57 Easy To Love    3:03    Maxine Sullivan    A Proper Introduction To
Maxine Sullivan - Moments Like This
58 The Very Thought Of You    4:32    J.J. Johnson    Tangence
59 I Hadn't Anyone Till You    2:39    Bobby Darin    It's You Or No One

61 I'll Get By    2:59    Nelson Riddle    The Best of the Capitol Years
62 People Will Say We're In Love    2:37    Helen Merrill    Dream Of You
63 You¹d Be So Nice To Come Home To    2:18    Anita O'Day    Live in Tokyo
1963
64 All The Things You Are    5:57    Modern Jazz Quartet    A 40th
Aniversary Celebration
65 My Heart Stood Still     2:53    The Rat Pack    Rat Pack - Live At The
Sands
66 You're getting to be a habit with me    2:42    Peggy Lee    Things Are
Swingin'
67 Speak Low (featuring Eric Alexander)    8:34    Anthony Wonsey    The
Thang

69 Everything Happens To Me    4:13    Frank Sinatra    Everything Happens
To Me
70 Everything Happens To Me (Adair/Dennis)    8:17    Horace Parlan
Relaxin' With Horace
71 You're My Everything    3:22    Ernestine Anderson    Isn't It Romantic
72 Now I Have Everything    4:10    Cannonball Adderley    Ballads
73 Everything I Have Is Yours    4:25    Everett Greene    My Foolish Heart
74 I've Got Just About Everything    3:06    Carol Fredette    Everything I
Need. Carol Fredette Sings Dave Frishberg And Bob Dorough

76 Chelsea Bridge    2:58    George Shearing    Burnished Brass/Satin Brass
77 Solitude    3:10    Billie Holiday    Billie Holiday's Greatest Hits
78 Rockin' 'n' Rhythm    7:54    Duke Ellington Orcestra    The Duke
Ellington Orchestra Live On Tour
79 East St. Louis Toodle-oo/Don¹t Get Around Much Anymore    3:39    John
Pizzarelli    Rockin' In Rhythm: A Duke Ellington Tribute
80 Cotton Tail    4:16    Ray Brown Trio    Seven Steps To Heaven
81 Satin Doll    2:48    Lorez Alexander    Lorez Alexandria the Great
82 Don't Get Around Much Anymore    2:36    Michel Legrand    Legrand Jazz
83 I Didn't Know About You    4:25    Karrin Allyson    Jazz Moods (Jazz By
The Fire)
84 Sophisticated Lady    5:06    Nicole Metzger & Keith Copeland    Second
Take