[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist for 4/17

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Apr 18 09:20:25 EDT 2011

Here's what aired this past weekend on Jazz All Night from WCPN in
Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00 Mid (Tri-C Jazz Festival preview)

Ambrose Akinmusire    Jaya

                                       When the Heart Emerges Glistening
Blue Note

Dee Dee Bridgewater   Mack the Knife       Dear Ella                  Verve

Dave Sterner   Mine or Yours          Sidetracked
Speak Jazz

Betty Carter    My Favorite Things   Inside Betty Carter
Capitol Jazz

Sean Jones     Come Sunday                   Roots
Mack Avenue

Regina Carter     Anitra's Dance   I'll Be Seeing You
Verve

1:00AM

New Tricks          New Dog                 Alternate Side
New Tricks

Reggie Pittman - Loren Daniels     Ornithology

                                                            Point A to Point
A             Ivory Hornz

T. K. Blue     Blue Bird                          Latin Bird
Motema

Atsuko Hashimoto      Soul Station    Until the Sun Comes Up   Capri

Gene Ludwig      Dream Dancing   Love Notes of Cole Porter    Big O

Steve Gadd     Bye-Bye Blackbird      Live at Voce                     BFM
Jazz

2:00AM

Larry Coryell - Kenny Drew Jr.    Moanin'      Duality                Random
Act

Kenny Werner            Siena                           Balloons
Half Note

Abdullah Ibrahim      Calypso Minor             Sotho Blue
Sunnyside

Ezra Weiss            Estate      The Shirley Horn Suite
Roark

Shirley Horn      You Won't Forget Me            (same)
Verve

Miles Davis    I Thought About You                 Love Songs
Columbia

3:00AM

Ernie Krivda   I'll Remember April     Live at the Dirty Dog       CIMP

John Surman              Mayflower                Flashpoint
Rune

Blue Cranes         Love, Love, Love        Observatories
Blue Cranes

Undivided   Way of the Cross/Crucifixion/Death   The Passion   Multikult

4:00AM

Cuong Vu               Something               Leaps of Faith
Origin

Native Soul     Castles Made of Sand         Soul Step
Talking Drum

Michel Reis    It's Only Been a Dream   Point of No Return         Armored
Records

Adam Cruz           The Gadfly                    Milestone
Sunnyside

Roxy Coss          Wandering One              Roxy Coss
Roxy Coss

Marc Copland           Slow Hand                Cross Talk
Pirouet

5:00AM

Lalo Schifrin      Groovin' High                 Invocations
Aleph

Daniel Smith       Manteca                           Goes Latin
Summit

Esperanza Spalding       Wild is the Wind

                                                 Chamber Music Society
Heads Up

Al DiMeola   Michelangelo's Seventh Child

                                                      Pursuit of Radical
Rhapsody     Telarc

Larry Coryell     One for T. G.    With the Wide Hive Players       Wide
Hive

Jessica Williams     Paul's Pal                Freedom Trane
Origin

Bill McBirnie        Moment's Notice               Mercy
McBirnie

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV