[JPL] Dr. Jazz and Linda Y I know you've been waiting for this!

onthebeach at aol.com onthebeach at aol.com
Wed Apr 20 19:57:19 EDT 2011

this strikes me as incredible--or do i mean unbelievable (what a shock, coming from alan kepler)

i mean really, 700,000 listeners?  why no less a resource than the venerable US Census Bureau

states: In 2010, the city had a population of 713,777 and ranked as the 18th most populous city in the United States.

in my wildest dreams i had NO IDEA smooth jazz could be so widely appealing!!!!

this is positively historic!  all radioheads take note, THEY ARE TALKING A 98% MARKET SHARE!

having personally given up on the Smooth Jazz format around  2001, i can see the error of my ways!

yikes a 98% market share.  can they EVER TOP this?!  my uess is they are just ONE guest DJ away from

TOTAL world domination (or at least total Detroit domination!).  i hope for the sake of the rest of the Detroit

radio community who will have to fight like dogs to split up the remaining 2% market share, that we do not see

despair, and gasp! far worse!  let's hope the advertisers and agencies dont discount the variety of listeners they still could reach

by including stations catering to the remaining 2% share of market!

Have Mercy!

ricky schultz
jazzconsultant.com
"What can we do for You?"
& former broadcaster ( Very Thankful he never had a 98% Market Share competitor! )

PS: Lois, thanks for sharing this!