[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 04-21-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Thu Apr 21 16:16:27 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 04-21-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Eric Reed - Reflections - The Dancing Monk (Savant) [C] 5:47
Cecil Brooks III - They Long To Be Close To You - Hot Dog (Savant) 10:43
Sylvia A. Thompson - Nice And Easy - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C][a] 2:50

  BREAK

Part 2

  Andy Farber interview rebroadcast

  BREAK

Barrett Deems Big Band - Groovin' Hard - Groovin' Hard (Lydia) 5:37
Barrett Deems Big Band - Moten Swing - Groovin' Hard (Lydia) 4:44

  BREAK

Deep Blue Organ Trio - I Thought About You - Folk Music (Origin) 9:20

  BREAK

Part 3

Hal Schaefer - Tenderly - Brilliant! (Summit) [C] 4:48
Hal Schaefer - Have You Met Miss Jones? - Brilliant! (Summit) [C] 2:05
Anthony Branker & Ascent - Blessings - Blessings (Origin) 6:26
John Coltrane - I Want To Talk About You - Soultrane (Prestige) 10:54
Byron Morris & Unity - Balls Groove - Unity, A Retrospective (By-Mor Music) [C] 11:22
Rahsaan Roland Kirk - My Girl - Brotherman In the Fatherland (Hyena) 5:15

  BREAK

Billy Eckstine - What's New - Billy Eckstine Sings (Savoy) 2:52
Shirely Horn - I Just Found Out About Love - But Beautiful: The Best Of Shirely Horn (Verve) 2:27
Sylvia A. Thompson - I'll Remember April - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C][a] 2:59

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56