[JPL] PLAYLIST FOR NEW ORLEANS ROOTS & MORE FOR 4/24/2011

MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com MRJAZZOFNO at aol.com
Sun Apr 24 14:27:38 EDT 2011

HOUR  #   1

Donald Byrd/Cristo  Redentor/A New Perspective/Blue Note/1999
Tom McDermott &  Evan Christopher/Waltz For All Souls/Almost
Native/Threadhead  Records/2011
Fred Kemp Quintet/It  Ain't My Fault/The Sounds of New Orleans/WWOZ/1994
Clint Ashlock/The  Professor/New Jazz Order/CAM/2008
Irvin Mayfield/Mo'  Better Blues/A Love Letter To New Orleans/Basin
Street/2011
Ken Peplowski/In  Flower/in search of..../Capri Records/2011
Treme Brass Band/I  Found A New Baby/I Got A Big Fat Woman/Sound of New
Orleans/2011
Preservation Hall  Jazz Band/So Long Blues/The Best of the Early
Years/PHR/2004
Abdullah Ibrahim  & Ekaya/Star Dance/Sotho Blue/Sunnyside/2011

Hour #   2

New Orleans Jazz Ramblers/RTW  Groove/It's Our Turn To Celebrate/NOJR/2011
Plunge/Huff-A Round/Tin Fish  Tango/Immersion Records/2010
Ralph Bowen/The Good  Shepherd/Power Play/Posi-Tone/2011
Rebirth Brass Band/AP  Touro/Rebirth of New Orleans/Basin Street/2011
Jonathann Batiste Trio/Green  Chimneys/The Rebirth/WWOZ/2006
Best of the Brass Bands/Joe  Avery's Blues/Sound of New Orleans/sono/1999
Yellowjackets/Magnolia/Timeline/Mack Avenue/2011
Melvin Vines/Our Man  Higgins/Harlem Jazz Machine/MVM/2010
Arturo O'Farrill/Ruminaciones  Sobre Cuba/40 Acres & A Burro/Zoho/2011
John Vanore & ABSTRACT TRUTH/Restless/Acoustical Concepts/2011

                                      SO MUCH MUSIC......SO LITTLE TIME

MICHAEL J. GOURRIER
JAZZ DIRECTOR  WRIR-FM
P.O. BOX 4787