[JPL] This week on The Jazz Session: Adam Cruz & Jon Gordon

Jason Crane | The Jazz Session jason at thejazzsession.com
Mon Apr 25 09:58:27 EDT 2011

You can see a snazzy PDF version of this newsletter at
http://thejazzsession.com/newsletter/110425_tjs_newsletter.pdf

...or read the text below:

(APRIL 25, 2011) FINAL COUNTDOWN!

Membership goal: 100 by the 300th show
Current members: 28
Members needed: 72
Shows left until TJS #300: 39

A note from a current member Jeff from Raindance Farms:

"I’ve been a listener for a couple of years now. As soon as you
announced the 100 by 300 campaign I knew I had to help because of the
heart you put into each program and really, it’s cheap when you consider
it’s something you listen to each week and derive so much pleasure from.

"So my question is…after this long, with several thousand consistent
listeners – why aren’t more supporting this? I wonder how many who are
listening every week would do the same thing – with this much work to
generate such quality – for FREE? Yet they have no problem downloading
each week.

"I’m certainly not wealthy but even I can afford to support something
that educates me on one of my favorite topics – jazz. Come on guys, show
that we’re a closer community and cut back one latte every couple of
weeks if you need to and show we have heart in the jazz community. The
herd here all contributed to the show!"

Thanks, Jeff. Folks, you heard the man, please join now!
http://thejazzsession.com/join

Next week on the show: Maria Schneider (TJS #262, Monday) and Billy
Harper (TJS #263, Thursday).

Peace, love and jazz,

Jason

*********************************
This week on The Jazz Session:
*********************************

TJS #260: Adam Cruz. Drummer Adam Cruz has released his first CD as a
leader, Milestone (Sunnyside, 2011), featuring his own compositions. In
this interview, Cruz talks about finding his own voice as a composer;
the challenges associated with leading a band; why he sometimes has to
choose to write music rather than watch The Simpsons; and the impact of
his father on his life as a musician. SHOW AVAILABLE NOW.

TJS #261: Jon Gordon. Saxophonist Jon Gordon’s latest CD is Evolution
(ArtistShare). In this interview, Gordon talks about the mechanics of
the saxophone; his approach to improvisation; and his varied experiences
in the New York Scene. SHOW AVAILABLE STARTING 4/28/11.

*********************************
--
Jason Crane
The Jazz Session