[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 04-25-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Mon Apr 25 16:06:15 EDT 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 04-25-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Benson / Hubbard / Laws / Turrentine - Here's That Rainy Day - California Concert (CTI/Jazz Masterworks) 8:39
Terrence Brewer - The Days Of wine And Roses - Setting The Standard, volume 1 (Strong Brew Music) [C] 4:10
Sylvia Thompson - I Cover The Waterfront - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C] 3:11
Sylvia Thompson - I'll Remember April - Musically Yours...A Jazz Tribute (self-released) [C] 2:59

  BREAK

Part 2

Weather Report - Birdland - Jazz Roots: The Music Of The Americas (Masterworks Jazz) [C] 5:59
Kenny Werner - Balloons - Balloons (Half Note) [C] 17:48
Jessica Williams Trio - Lonnie's Lament - Freedom Trane (Origin) [C][a] 6:16
Jessica Williams Trio - Freedom Trane - Freedom Trane (Origin) [C][a] 6:09
John Coltrane - Lush Life - Lush Life (Prestige) 13:53
John Coltrane - I Hear A Rhapsody - Lush Life (Prestige) 5:58

  BREAK

Part 3

Byron Morris & Unity - Goodbye Porkpie Hat - Unity, A Retrospective (By-Mor Music) [C] 5:26
Michael Dease - 26-2 - Grace (JLP) 5:32
John Bishop - Orange Blossom - Nothing If Not Something (Origin) 9:06
Ron Westray  / Thomas Heflin - Exile: Remember The Homeless - Live From Austin (Blue Canoe) [C] 11:44
Ron Westray  / Thomas Heflin - Mind Over Matter - Live From Austin (Blue Canoe) [C] 9:18
Eden Atwood - The Gentle Rain - No One Ever Tells You (Concord) 6:45
Jessie Marquez - Aguas de Marzo (Waters Of March) - All I See (Carena) [C][a] 4:11
Somi - If the Rains Come First - If The Rains Come First (ObliqSound) 5:09

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56