[JPL] RE: Average length of pledge drives at your station?

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Tue Apr 26 13:54:17 EDT 2011

Due to diminishing income from other sources such as underwriting and grant monies along with increased operations cost, jazz89KUVO/KVJZ has gone from 3 membership drives a year to 4 in addition to our customary "End of the Year-Gift Giving Days" We have also seen the average amount per pledge decrease-even by long time major donors- a sign of the current economy. Many of our long term underwriters have also reduced the amount of dollars spent preferring increased in-kind donations or trade agreements.

Winter Drive
Late Feb/early Mar  12 days Thurs to the second Monday

Spring Drive
Late Apr/early May 8 days Thursday to the following Friday

Autumn Drive
Late Sept/early Oct  12 days  Thurs to the 2nd Monday

"End of the Year Gift Giving Days"
2nd week of December-last chance for tax deduction theme   4 days   Fri to Monday

For the past 3 years we have added

Summer Drive
Late July    4 days  Friday to Monday

All Drives are preceded by Web Wednesday, also used on occasion throughout the year

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station