[JPL] Average length of pledge drives at your station?

Desert Island Jazz desert.island.jazz at verizon.net
Tue Apr 26 18:41:00 EDT 2011

10 days, done in both Spring and Fall.

David May
WHFC-FM
Bel Air, MD

-----Original Message-----
From: jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com
[mailto:jazzproglist-bounces at jazzweek.com] On Behalf Of Ed Trefzger
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2011 11:22 PM
To: JPL List
Subject: [JPL] Average length of pledge drives at your station?

This week's sponsor:

UNDERGROUND Lisa Hilton/piano, Nasheet Waits/drums, Larry Grenadier/bass,
J.D. Allen/tenor sax

UNDERGROUND continues at jazz radio this week with over 100+ stations around
the country now playing the disc after just two weeks, showcasing a great
start.  WRTI/PA, WICN/MA, KTSU/TX and WGMC/NY are among many with strong
support on UNDERGROUND. Hilton continues her tour April 28 in Los Angeles,
and  May 25 in Hollywood, CA.    "Wildly ear opening, Hilton is fully in
touch with some universal vibe that lifts this session up and away.  Hot
stuff." Midwest Record  "A strikingly original voice on the piano".
JazzChicago.net

http://www.LisaHiltonMusic.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?viAgHMPe9gew

---

JPLers,

What is the typical or average length of pledge drives/membership campaigns
at your station? A week, a few days?

Second question: how many times a year do you do them?

We've seen some success stories on the list in the past. I'm interested in a
wider range of responses. I've heard some stations need only for a few days
while others go on for weeks and weeks.

If there's interest, I'd like to follow up with a more in-depth study and
see if we can do some benchmarking on the topic and perhaps share some best
practices and/or things to avoid.

Thanks,
ed