[JPL] Mediaguide to begin internet monitoring later in 2011

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Wed Apr 27 21:23:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Later this year, Mediaguide plans to begin monitoring internet streams.

This provides JazzWeek with several opportunities:

1) JazzWeek may be able to include jazz and smooth jazz stations that are not in monitored markets.

2) We'll be able to recognize and include internet-only stations that are making an impact on jazz and smooth jazz listeners.

3) We can look at charting internet-only, broadcast-only or a combination.

4) As more music programming moves to the internet, we can continue to measure what is happening.

5) We can create a viable college jazz chart by including stations in small college towns.

In anticipation of this, Mediaguide has asked if I would assemble a list of stations for them to consider.

* If you are an internet-only station, or a broadcaster with a stream that is not monitored, please visit this URL to submit information about your station:

http://www.jazzweek.com/radio/streaming/

* If you are a promoter, please send an email to me directly (ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com) with any list of potential stations in jazz, smooth jazz and/or world music categories, including college stations who would be appropriate for a college jazz chart.

Please feel free to send this information along to others as you see fit.

Thanks,
Ed