[JPL] Advice again

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 11:14:11 EDT 2011

What's been avoided in this thread is that two ton gorilla in the pledge room.
The reality is that if we go "young" we're toast with fundraising. We stay relic
we destroy any chance of live jazz today working. The question can also be
what's more important....establishing a younger listener base or developing a
supportive base of listeners that can sustain you show and
successfully support you though pledge season? It can be debated that both can
work...simultaneously... but I would disagree. What's the ultimate
objective? That would be to keep jazz on the radio and we have to do that the
best way we can and sometimes the methodolgy leaves things off the programming
plate.

Jae Sinnett