[JPL] Advice again

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:44:03 EDT 2011

Jae you continue to raise good points which is why originally I asked
what is WEMU management doing other than issuing edicts to Linda.  I
would bet if she had the highest rating of young people possible and
they did not support their listening habits with pledges then the next
issue would be getting PLEDGES.  Stations stay operational because to
PLEDGES and UNDERWRITERS not listener numbers.

We have a week night program on one of our networks from 7PM till
Midnight of AAA programming that is very eclectic and aimed at younger
demographics.  This program runs opposite our CLASSICAL evening offerings.

The AAA programming gets minimum pledges after over THREE years of
programming.
Listenership is trending up but no increase in pledges.
Linda, I hope all of these comments build your database for good
decision making.
ALOHA
Tom