[JPL] America's Ducal royalty

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 12:34:50 EDT 2011

You beat me to it, I'd already pulled it out along with Abdullah Ibrahim's
wonderful version of Single Petal of a Rose;

there's a wonderful medley Fats Duke and the Monk which incorporates:

Honeysuckle Rose
Think of One
The Single Petal of a Rose

which makes for a wonderful thematic medley and a very clever musical pun
... N

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Tom Reney <tr at wfcr.org> wrote:

> This week's sponsor:
>
> UNDERGROUND Lisa Hilton/piano, Nasheet Waits/drums, Larry Grenadier/bass,
> J.D. Allen/tenor sax
>
> UNDERGROUND continues at jazz radio this week with over 100+ stations
> around the country now playing the disc after just two weeks, showcasing a
> great start.  WRTI/PA, WICN/MA, KTSU/TX and WGMC/NY are among many with
> strong support on UNDERGROUND. Hilton continues her tour April 28 in Los
> Angeles, and  May 25 in Hollywood, CA.    "Wildly ear opening, Hilton is
> fully in touch with some universal vibe that lifts this session up and away.
>  Hot stuff." Midwest Record  "A strikingly original voice on the piano".
> JazzChicago.net
>
> http://www.LisaHiltonMusic.com
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgHMPe9gew
>
> ---
>

>  Don't let the opportunity slip by tomorrow to commemorate another royal
> occasion, the 112th anniversary of Edward Kennedy Ellington's birth.  Duke
> composed a gorgeous work for Prince William's grandmother, Elizabeth II,
> "The Queen's Suite," from which two discreet pieces have become Ellington
> standards, "Sunset and the Mockingbird," and "The Single Petal of a Rose."
>
> Rule Ellingtonia!
>

> -- Tom Reney
> "Jazz à la Mode"
> Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.
>
> WFCR
> NPR News and Music for Western New England
> Hampshire House
> 131 County Circle
> Amherst, MA 01003-9257
>  tr at wfcr.orgwww.wfcr.org