[JPL] DC'S THE NEW POST MODERN VIEW

Dick Crockett bopndick at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 04:00:59 EDT 2011

DAVID
CACERES    DAVID CACERES    Sunny side  Records
It
was because of David Caceres that I decided to re construct my view
of the new post
modern,
where  Marvin Gaye and  Stevie Wonder once reigned, now occupied by
the likes of Maxwell and John Mayer.

Alto
saxophonist / vocalist David Caceres has created a very hip post
modern view of the new ever-evolving new modern jazz.
“Giving
Up,” so hard to do...so much as American as a church, flung open
doors on the  South Dixie highway on a Sunday night in Riviera
Beach..

So
much of the modern soul, David Caceres has touched a universal
contemporary tome where this music is going.... then there's his
version of the classic “Round Midnight” - Donny Hathaway on a
Saturday night- a gospel of glory, love and the last dance.

And
as James Taylor will say, “You Make It Easy.”