[JPL] WWSP music report week of 11/27/11 - 12/4/11

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 16:30:23 EST 2011

 *WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of   11/27/11 – 12/4/11*

*WWSP 90fm*

*University of Wisconsin Stevens Point*

*30,000 Watts*

* *

*Russ Haines
*

*Jazz/World Music Director*

*WWSP 90fm*

*1608 Reserve Street*

*Stevens Point, WI. 54481*

*PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME*

*russjazzworld at gmail.com* <russjazzworld at gmail.com>

* *

*4 or more spins*

* *

4 Rez Abbasi’s Invocation – Suno Suno - Enja

5 AfroBop Alliance – Una Mas – OA2

5 Geri Allen – A Child Is Born - Motema

4 Corina Bartra & Her Orchestra – Cielo  Sandunguero – Blue Spiral

5 Reinaldo Brahn – Brasileiro – Reference Recordings

6 Dave Brubeck Quartet – Their Last Time Out – Columbia/Legacy

4 David Budway – A New Kiss - Maxjazz

6 Kenny Burrell – tenderly - HighNote

4 Tito Carillo – Opening Statement - Origin

5 Cinque – Catch a Corner – ALMA Records

4 Eddie Daniels/Roger Kellaway – Live at the Library of Congress – IPO
Records

4 Les Demerle Band – Gypsy Renezvous Vol. 2 - Origin

4 Michael Feinstein – The Sinatra Project: Vol. II - Concord

5 Bill Frisell – All We Are Saying… - Savoy Jazz

4 Hal Galper Trio – Trip the Light Fantastic - Origin

4 Tim Horner – The Paces We Feel Free – Miles High Records

6 Keith Jarrett – Rio – ECM

7 Pat Martino Quartet – Undeniable - HighNote

5 Christian McBride – Conversations with…- Mack Ave.

5 Henrik Meurkens – Live at Bird’s Eye - zoho

5 Tineke Postma – The Dawn of Light – Challenge Records

6 Enrico Rava – Quintet – Tribe - ECM

4 Ali Ryerson – Con Brio! – ACR Music

5 Poncho Sanchez & Terence Blanchard – Chano y Dizzy! – Concord Picante

5 Stranahan/Zaleski/Rosato – Anticipation - Capri

4 3 Cohens – Family – Anzic Records

5 Dwight Trible – Cosmic – Katalyst Entertainment

5 Trombone Shorty – For True – Verve Forecast

5 Mark Weinstein – El Cumbanchero – Jazzheads

4 Deborah Winters – Lovers After All – Jazzed Media

5 Yotam – Brasil - JLP

* *

*2 – 3 spins *

3 The Absolute Trio – A Tropical Thirst – Self-produced

3 Antonio Adolfo – Chora Baiao – AAM Music

3 Gerald Beckett – Standard Flute - Summit

2 Dee Bell – Sagacious Grace – Laser Records

3 Sylvia Bennett – Sonrie – Out of Sight Music

3 Anthony Branker & Word Play – Dialogic - Origin

3 James Carter Organ Trio – At The Crossroads - Emarcy

3 Chilcano – Madera Corazon – Saponegro Records

2 Evan Cobb – Falling Up – Self produced

3 Jeff Coffin & The Mu’tet – Live! – Ear Up Records

2 Paul Cohen – I Want You Back – Sage West Music Group

3 Patrick Cornelius – Maybe Steps - Positone

2 Ryan Davidson Trio – Self titled – DebrisField Records

3 Joey DeFrancesco – 40 - HighNote

2 Mike DiRubbo & Larry Willis – Four Hands, One Heart - Ksantirecords

3 Sam Fazio – The Songs We Love - blujazz

3 Jeff Gauthier Goatette – Open Source – Cryptogramophone

2 Mac Gollehon – Oddyssey of Nostalgia – American Showplace Music

3 Steve Hall Quintet – Crusin’ On Burnside – Movealong Records

2 Allan Harris – Open Up Your Mind – Love Productions Records

2 Knut Haugsoen – Shakti – Self Produced

3 Roy Haynes – Roy-alty – Dreyfus  Jazz

2 Lenora Zenzalai Helm – I Love Myself When I’m Laughing… - Zenzalai Music

3 Darren Johnston’s  Gone to Chicago – The Big Lift – Porto Franco Records

3 Grace Kelly – Grace – PAZZ Productions

3 Yuko Kishimoto – Songbook – Planet Arts

3 Takuya Kuroda – Edge – Self-produced

3 Alan Leatherman – Detour Ahead – AJL Music

2 Ed Littlefield – Walking Between Worlds – Pony Boy Records

3 McCormack & Yarde Duo – Places & Other Spaces - Editionrecords

3 Yoko Miwa Trio – Live At Scullers Jazz Club – Jazz Cat Amnesty Records

2 Soren Moller – Christian X Variations – Audial Records

2 Native Soul – Soul Step – Talking Drums Records

2 Al Naylor – Legacy – Self-produced

3 Jacqui Naylor – Lucky Girl – Ruby Star Records

2 Anthony E. Nelson Jr. Tenor for Two - Musicstand

3 New West Guitar Group – Round Trip Ticket - Summit

3 Phil Norman Tentet – Encore - MAMA

3 Alan Pasqua – Twin Bill – BFM  Jazz

3 Leonard Patton/Geoffrey Keezer – Expressions – Lenju Music Group

3 Sunnie Paxson – Bohemian Sun - Roxboro

2 Michael Pedicin – Ballads …searching for peace – Jazz Hut Records

3 Houston Person – So Nice - HighNote

2 Kate Reid  - The Love I’m In – Self-produced

3 Christine Reisner – Beginner’s Luck – Self-produced

3 Jason Robinson - The Two Faces of Janus - Cuneiform

3 Sonny Rollins – Road Shows Vol. 2 – Doxy Records

3 Holli Ross – You’ll See – Miles High Records

3 Kenny Shanker – Steppin’ Up - Positone

3 Enoch Smith Jr. – Misfits – Music4mypeople Ent.

3 Spero – Acoustic – blujazz

3 Ira Sullivan & Stu Katz – A Family Affair - Origin

2 Kayla Taylor – You’d Be Surprised – Smarty Kat Records

3 Tri-Fi – 3 - blujazz

2 Freddy V – Easier than it Looks – Watersign productions

3 Vanguard Jazz Orchestra – Forever Lasting/Live In Tokyo – Planet Arts

3 David S. Ware – Organica (solo saxophones, volume 2) – AUM Fidelity

3 Skip Wilkins Trio – After – Dreambox Jazz

* *

*JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 12/4/11*

*Greg Abate – Horace is Here – Rhombus Records*

*Sam Pannunzio Trio – Goin’ Home – Eastsidejazz Recordings*

*Dave Shank Quintet – Soundproof – Rhombus Records*

*Chris West – Trilogy – Self -produced*

*** REISSUES/COMPILATIONS***

4 Freddie Hubbard – First Light – CTI

*** *Frank Sinatra – Best of the Best – Capitol/Reprise*

* *

*W = WORLD          *** Add this week*

* *

*W *5 Natacha Atlas – Mounqaliba-Rising: The Remixes – Six Degrees

*W *5 Beats Antique – Elektrafone – Self produced

*W *5 Happy Riddem – One World Sovereignty – Fort Knox Records

*W *5 Joni Haastrup – Wake Up Your Mind – Tummy Touch Records

*W *5* *Lijadu Sisters – Danger – Knitting Factory Records

*W *5 Various – Artic Paradise/Contemporary Folk Music from Finland - Fimic

* *

*PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP*

3 Adanowsky – Amador - Everloving

*** *Alastair Greene – Through the Rain – Le Roi Records*

3 Vittorio Grigolo – Arrivederci - Sony

3 Logical Drift – Self titled - NYCMusic

5 MA/Duncan/Meyer/Thile – The Goat Rodeo Sessions - Sony

*** *Various - Paul McCartney’s Ocean’s Kingdom – Hear Music/Telarc*

4 Random Touch – Tributary – Token Boy Records

5 Robert Rich – Medicine Box – Soundscape Productions

3 Janet Robbins – Song of the Gypsy Tree – Star 7 Records

4 Todd Rundgren – Johnson – MPCA Records

3 Dara Tucker – Soul Said Yes – Watchman Music Group

3 David Hersey Webb – Welcome to the World – Self Produced

* *

*The next add date for WWSP is 12/11/11.  I will have space for 15 Jazz
discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All
discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support
of WWSP 90fm.*

*  Russ*
--
*Russ Haines*