[JPL] WCPN Jazz Playlist 12/4

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Dec 5 08:30:23 EST 2011

Here's this past weekend's version of Jazz All Night from WCPN in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Benny Carter     Roses in December       Aspects                    Capitol

Duke Ellington    Dance of the Floreadores; Arabesque Cookie

                                                          Three Suites
Columbia

Paul Ferguson     Christmas Time is Here

                                                            Big Band
Christmas     Ferguson

Vanguard Jazz Orchestra     All of Me     Forever Lasting      Planet Arts

Paul Desmond             Wave               Pure Desmond             CTI

Dominick Farinacci     It's All Right With Me

                                                           Dawn of Goodbye
E-One

Cedar Walton     Underground Memoirs    The Bouncer         High Note

1:00AM

Ellis Marsalis     Sleigh Ride

                                       A New Orleans Christmas Carol
ELM

Wynton Marsalis   The Cat in the Hat is Back

                              Swinging into the Twenty-First
Sony (Sampler)

Keith Jarrett    Parts 7 and 8              Rio
ECM

Christian McBride - Roy Hargrove   Baubles, Bangles and Beads

                                           Conversations with Christian
Mack Avenue

Christian McBride     Broadway   The Good Feeling              Mack Avenue

H2 Big Band     Singing in the Rain     You're It                     Jazzed
Media

Josh Rzepka      Twenty-Five      Into the Night                       All
Music

2:00AM

Geri Allen    Imagining Gena at Sunrise   A Child is Born     Motema

Geri Allen    Imagining Gena at Sunset            "
"

Geri Allen    Let Us Break Bread Together      "                          "

Either/Orchestra   Ethiopian Suite

                                                 More Beautiful Than Death
Accurate

Michael Pedicin     Search for Peace            Ballads               Jazz
Hut

Hendrik Meurkens      Minha Saudade    Live at Bird's Eye   Zoho

Maureen Choi     No More Blues                 Quartet                Choi

Jane Bunnett - Hilario Duran   Quirino con su Tres

                                                             Cuban Rhapsody
Alma

3:00AM

Tierney Sutton   Oh Shenandoah/The Water is Wide

                                                              American Road
BFM

Grace Kelly    Wade in the Water/Bemsha Swing   Grace      Pazz

Arthur Blythe      Stuffy Turkey    Music of the Sphere          High Note

Thelonious Monk     I Mean You         In Concert
Columbia/Legacy

Oscar Peterson         Con Alma            Unmistakable
Masterworks

Oscar Peterson - Milt Jackson     Reunion Blues    Ultimate  Verve

Roy Hargrove          Tin-Tin Deo             Roy-Alty
Dreyfus

4:00AM

Keith Jarrett     Parts 9, 10 and 11              Rio
ECM

Keith Jarrett     Scrapple from the Apple    Yesterdays            ECM

John Scofield   I Want to Talk About You

                                                          A Moment's Peace
Emarcy

Hal Galper     Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out to Dry

                                                 Trip the Light Fantastic
Origin

Lynne Arriale         Call Me                Convergence
Motema

Deep Blue Organ Trio    You Haven't Done Nothin'

Wonderful         Origin

5:00AM

Roseanne Vitro      Last Night I Had a Dream

                                                     Music of Randy Newman
Motema

Bill Frisell       Number 9 Dream   All We are Saying             Savoy

Bill Anschell     Big Yellow Taxi              Figments
Origin

Sachal Vasandani        One Mint Julep        Hi-Fly                  Mack
Avenue

Pat Martino     Inside Out                  Undeniable
High Note

Jim Snidero         Expectations                 Interfacee
Savant

Jay Ashby - Steve Davis     Spirit Waltz   Mistaken Identity   MCG

Houston Person      Star Eyes                 So Nice
High Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV