[JPL] Gibson Acquires KRK, Cerwin-Vega, Stanton

Dr. Jazz drjazz at drjazz.com
Mon Dec 5 13:25:18 EST 2011

Gibson Acquires KRK, Cerwin-Vega, Stanton

by Clive Young, On December 5, 2011 00:00 EDT

Nashville, TN (December 5, 2011)---Gibson Guitar has acquired the
Stanton Group---KRK Systems, Cerwin-Vega and Stanton DJ---which will
become the basis for a new Gibson Pro Audio division.

The closing of this acquisition marks Gibson's further expansion into
the pro audio market with loudspeaker, monitor and electronics
technology. The new Gibson Pro Audio division will be based in
Nashville, TN; each of the Stanton Group brands had been based in
Deerfield Beach, FL.

"Right now we have an extremely powerful brand that people recognize and
value, but the musical instrument category is inherently limited because
people who purchase instruments also need to know how to play them,"
says Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitar. "This new
division is perfectly aligned with our core. It expands our reach to
fellow music lovers and allows us access to 20 in 20 consumers instead
of the one in 20 we currently hit."

Juszkiewicz adds, "Stanton produces some of the best pro audio equipment
in the world and we're incredibly excited to be working with the very
talented team at Stanton as we take Gibson into the future."

. KRK Systems has produced monitors and control room solutions,
including studio monitors, subwoofers, headphones and accessories, since
its founding in 1986.

. Stanton designs and manufactures professional audio products for DJs.
Founded in 1946 by Walter O. Stanton, the inventor of an easily
replaceable phonograph stylus, Stanton Magnetics today produuces
turntables, cartridges, CD players, DJ mixers, accessories and digital
controllers.

. Founded in 1954, Cerwin-Vega Inc. designs, manufactures and
distributes loudspeakers for the home and professional audio markets.

"We are very excited to be joining the Gibson family," says Timothy
Dorwart, CEO of the Stanton Group. "This partnership will allow our
brands and core management team to continue our growth and momentum in
the marketplace within our shared channel while the association with the
iconic Gibson brand gives us the opportunity to quickly expand our
customer base. Moreover, we bring technical resources that will enhance
the R&D capabilities of both companies."

Gibson Guitar Corp.
www.gibson.com

--
Dr. Jazz