[JPL] 175th Edition "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 6 11:41:28 EST 2011

Hello All,   We reached another milestone with the broadcasting of our 175th
edition. It¹s very exiting to be able to bring Sinatra¹s music along with
the great jazz artists to people who love this music. We have been
broadcasting for 6 years and are now ranked 25 out of over 400 jazz stations
on Live365.com. Please give a listen. Happy Holidays, Nancy
--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

04 Night And Day    7:36    Bill Evans    Everybody Digs Bill Evans
[Keepnews Collection]
05 A Foggy Day    6:25    Marie, René    Live At Jazz Standard
03 FS/BillyMayMedley    5:57    Frank Sinatra    Come Dance With Me!
06 Perdido    6:36    James Bongiorno    Candlelight
07 Time Goes By    4:04    Mavis Rivers    RIVERS, Mavis: It's A Good Day

09 Blue Skies    4:55    Tierney Sutton    I'm With the Band
10 I'm Just A Lucky So & So    6:34    Bill Mays    Saturday Afternoon Jazz
11 Skylark / You Don't Know What Love Is    6:22    Mark Murphy    Once To
Every Heart
12 So Many Stars - The Central Florida Chamber Orchestra    4:22    The
Central Florida Chamber Orchestra    Look to the Sky
13 Skylark    5:57    John Allred And Wycliffe Gordon    Head To Head

15 Nice Work If You Can Get It    2:37    Count Basie/Frank Sinatra
Sinatra-Basie
16 Straighten Up & Fly Right    6:20    Harold Mabern    For Phineas
17 You're My Thrill    7:34    Paula West    Temptation
18  's Wonderful    6:00    Diana Krall    Live In Paris
19 When Your Lover Has Gone    5:07    Don Elliott    Double Trumpet Doings
20 I Can't Give You Anything But Love    4:20    Jim Malloy    Jim Malloy
Jazz Vocalist

22 But Beautiful - New York Standards Quartet    4:20    New York Standards
Quartet    UnStandard
23  Dena Station ID NEW    0:12    ID/PSA    ID/PSA
24 Beautiful Friendship    5:16    Dena Derose    Another World
25 The Most Beautiful Girl In The World    2:25    Frank S.     The Complete
Reprise Studio Recordings (Disc 10)
26 Beautiful Love     6:15    Chick Corea    Collection
27 The Bad And The Beautiful    4:44    Diane Hubka    Goes To The Movies
28 I Was So Young And You Were So Beautiful    3:53    Bill Charlap    Bill
Charlap Plays George Gershwin: The American Soul
29 What A Beautiful Morning    4:47    Hank Jones Trio    The Trio

31 FSNightMedley    6:06    Frank Sinatra    Ring A Ding Ding
32 Dominick Farinacci Station ID    0:05    ID/PSA
33 Lover Man    4:28    Dominick Farinacci    Dawn Of Goodbye
34 Lover Man    3:59    Count Basie & Sarah Vaughan    Count Basie & Sarah
Vaughan
35 When Your Lover Has Gone    6:44    Art Blakey    A Night In Tunisia
36 Like A Lover    7:07    Barbara Montgomery    Dakini Land
37 Where Or When (Live)    3:11    Erroll Garner    Concert By The Sea
38 Walkin' My Baby Back Home    2:42    Allan Harris    Long Live The King
(Nat King Cole)
39 Everything Happens To Me    6:37    Barry Harris Trio    Live From
NewYork! Vol. One
40 Wave    3:51    Gal Costa    Live at the Blue Note    Bossa nova
41 There Is No Greater Love    6:39    Lenny Breau and Dave Young    Live At
Bourbon Street
42 Miss Brown To You    3:02    Carmen McRae    Alive!
43 Nina Never Knew    2:38    Les Brown    Live 12 May 1957

45 FS/Christmas Medley    5:36    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Collection Disc 2
46 'Twas The Night Before Christmas - Wynton Marsalis    8:08    Wynton
Marsalis
47 Christmas Time    4:39    Ray Charles    The Spirit Of Christmas
Holiday
48 The Christmas Feeling    5:12    Mel Tormé    Christmas Songs
49 A Child Is Born    5:04    Marian McPartland    An NPR Jazz Christmas
with Marian McPartland and Friends II
50 Winter Wonderland    2:37    Lou Rawls    Lou Rawls Christmas

52 God Bless The Child    7:22    Grant Green    Sunday Mornin'
53 Sleigh Ride    3:27    Diana Krall    Christmas Songs
54 Sleigh Ride    3:43    Dave McKenna    Christmas Party: Holiday Piano
Spiked With Swing
55 I Really Don't Want Much For Christmas    4:19    Chris Botti featuring
Eric Benét
56 We Need a Little Christmas    3:58    Charles Bertini    Fresh Batch:
Jazz Treats For The Holidays, Vol. Two
57 God Bless The Child    3:10    Billie Holiday    Billie Holiday's
Greatest Hits
58 Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow    3:41    Eddie Higgins    Christmas
Songs

60 I Believe    2:32    Frank Sinatra    Christmas With The Rat Pack
61 Holiday For Strings    4:24    George Colligan    Past-present-future
62 My Favorite Things    2:17    Mark Murphy    Rah    Jazz
63 How Do You Keep the Music Playing    6:46    Coltrane_Sandoval    Dream
Come True
64 Christmas Time Is Here    3:35    Diana Krall    Christmas Songs
65 Winter Wonderland    2:56    Wynton Marsalis with Wycliffe Gordon, Marcus
Roberts, Reginald Veal    Crescent City Christmas Card
66 If I Ruled the World    5:50    Freddy Cole    Because of You: Freddy
Cole Sings Tony Bennett

68 A Felicidade    4:02    Eliane Elias    Sings Jobim
69 Baby Its Cold Outside    3:28    Diane Delin    Offerings Of A
PeacefulSeason
70 Home For The Holidays    4:32    Nicholas PaytonBetty Carter    Joyous
Holidays
71 Misletoe And Holly    2:18    The Rat Pack    Christmas With The Rat Pack
72 The Sweetest Sounds    4:59    Kelley Johnson    Home
73 Winter Wonderland    3:57    Doug Munro & La Pompe Attack    A Very Gypsy
Christmas
74 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (w/ David Hazeltine - piano)
4:03    David Hazeltine    Christmas Season In Music
75 It's Been A Long, Long Time    3:27    Maxine Sullivan    Together.
Maxine Sullivan Sings The Music Of Jule Styne

77 The Christmas Waltz    3:01    Frank Sinatra    Christmas With The Rat
Pack
78 The First Noël    3:01    José Feliciano    Feliz Navidad
79 Sleigh Ride - Caribbean Jazz Project    4:52    Caribbean Jazz Project
Latin Jazz Christmas
80 December     3:57    Karrin Allyson     Christmas
81 Jingle Bells - Count Basie    2:21    Count Basie    The Ultimate Jazz
Christmas
82 Christmas Night in Harlem - Louis Armstong And His Allstars    2:39
Louis Armstong And His Allstars    A Christmas Story
83 Little Drummer Boy (Rudy Van Gelder 24-Bit Remastering) - Du    5:40
Duke Pearson    The Ultimate Jazz Christmas
84 Baby It's Cold Outside (Featuring Norah Jones)    3:59    Willie Nelson
featuring Norah Jones    American Classic

86 Out In The Cold Again     6:17    Freddy Cole    This Love Of Mine
87 Lost In The Stars    6:38    Warren Chiasson    Good Vibes For Kurt Weill
88 Winter Wonderland    4:09    Shirley Horn    Jazz For Joy: A Verve
Christmas Album
89 I've Got The World On A String    2:15    Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr.
That's Life
90 A Marshmallow World [Live]    2:19     Rat Pack    Christmas With Sinatra
91 Summer Wishes, Winter Dreams    6:21    Stan Getz    More Stan Getz For
Lovers
92 Winter In America    8:13    Giacomo Gates    The Revolution Will Be Jazz
- The Songs of Gil Scott-Heron
93 Frosty The Snow Man    4:54    Jimmy Ponder    Guitar Christmas
94 Christmas Is Love (w/ Valerie Cappers - vocal/piano)    3:13    Valerie
Capers     Jazz Christmas with Marian McPartland and Friends II