[JPL] PLAYLIST: Afternoon Jazz w/ Jason M. Miller 91.3 KVLU Beaumont, Texas 12-06-11

Jason M Miller jason.miller at lamar.edu
Tue Dec 6 16:27:34 EST 2011

Afternoon Jazz
hosted by Jason M. Miller
Mon.- Fri. 12:40pm-3pm
91.3 KVLU Beaumont, TX

www.kvlu.org

Artist(s) - Song(s) - Album (Label) [C] = current release [a] = add  Duration

Airdate: 12-06-11

Theme - Lalo Schifrin - Barney Does It All - Music From Mission Impossible (Hip-O) 2:32

  BREAK

Part 1

Roy Haynes - Milestones - Roy-alty (Dreyfus Jazz) [C] 5:29
The Miles Davis Quintet - Surrey With The Fringe On Top - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions (Prestige) 9:07
The Miles Davis Quintet - It Never Entered My Mind - The Legendary Prestige Quintet Sessions (Prestige) 5:25
Frank Sinatra - I've Got The World On A String - Best Of The Best (Reprise/Capitol) [C][a] 2:10

  BREAK

Part 2

The Phil Norman Tentet - Stompin' At The Savoy - Encore (MAMA) [C] 6:36
Freddie Hubbard - First Light - First Light (CTI/Masterworks Jazz) [C][a] 11:06
Gerald Beckett - Arietis - Standard Flute (Summit) [C] 6:03
Donald Harrison / Ron Carter / Billy Cobham  - Cut & Paste - This Is Jazz: Live At The Blue Note (Half Note) 9:30
Houston Person - Easy Living - So Nice (HighNote) [C] 4:21
Hal Galper Trio - Guest I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry - Trip the Light Fantastic (Origin) [c] 7:49
Kenny Burrell - Autumn Leaves - Tenderly (HighNote) [C] 3:49

  BREAK

Stanley Turrentine - Gibraltar - Salt Song (CTI/Masterworks Jazz) [C][a] 10:19
Stanley Turrentine - I Told Jesus - Salt Song (CTI/Masterworks Jazz) [C][a] 7:38
Tito Carrillo - Come, Thou Fount Of Every Blessing - Opening Statement (Origin) [C][a] 6:07
Wynton Marsalis - The Pearls  - Selections From Swinging Into The 21st (Columbia/Legacy) [C] 3:54
Mike LeDonne - Keep The Faith - Keep The Faith (Savant) [C] 7:18
Pat Martino Quartet - Goin' To A Meeting - Undeniable: Live At Blues Alley (HighNote) [C] 10:00
3 Cohens - Roll 'Em Pete - Family (Anzic) [C] 5:02
Mac Gollehon - Over The Rainbow - Oddyssey Of Nostalgia (American Showplace Music) [C] 6:02

  BREAK

Mike Metheny - We'll Be Together Again - KC Potpourri (3 Valve Music) 5:56