[JPL] An overdue introduction

Claudia Russell crussell at sdccd.edu
Wed Dec 7 17:31:50 EST 2011

Hello, Fellow JPLers!

Just wanted to take a minute to do something I realize I forgot to do weeks ago (*pink cheeks*) and that is to "formally" introduce an important new member of the programming cloister here at KSDS.  So, let me tell you a little about Chad Fox.

First, he's the guy who's been faithfully posting our new adds to the list for the past couple of months, just in case the name rang a bell.

Chad started here a couple years ago as an intern, and then auditioned for our Monday 10pm to midnight slot, where he does a Progressive Jazz show (http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProgressiveMondays)  Then, he did some time in the membership department, but the music was louder than the coins in the bucket.  He became our Assistant Music Director, as a part-time position, in September.

Currently, Chad is focusing on fleshing out our sub-genres libraries, including progressive jazz, world music, soul,  and, along with "T' Herring, the blues.  He's also been helping us chase down releases we've missed or need to replace due to damage.  He will be instrumental in programming development throughout the new year, as it relates to our late evening, night-time sound.

I'm really hoping we'll be able to swing a trip to the JazzWeek Summit for Chad next year, because I'd love you to meet him in person.  He's super cool.

Thanks and Much Peace,
Claudia
Claudia Russell
San Diego's Jazz 88.3 / jazz88.org
Program Director
Host, The Jazz Ride Home
www.facebook.com/thejazzridehome

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
-Plato<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/plato109438.html>