[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA (now heard on the MOJA Radio website too)

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 17:16:46 EST 2011

*Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, heard by a potental audience of 134 million listeners each weekend on the entertainment service MusicMix, and on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
*Listen to the latest Jazz America program anytime on the MOJA Radio website at www.mojaradio.com
*Hear Jazz America live online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from Midnight-2 AM (That's 10 PM-Midnight, Friday night, Pacific time) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). Listen at http://www.VOAMusicMix.Net.
*To get more info on Jazz America go to the Jazz America web site:
http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html
*Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays
Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz
Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz
Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz
Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

email…jazzamerica at voanews.com

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1297...17-18 DECEMBER 2011

COREA, CLARKE & WHITE…captain marvel  (forever)

KURT ELLING…steppin’ out  (the gate)

* Sonny Rollins Interview

SONNY ROLLINS…st. thomas (saxophone colossus)

GORDON GOODWIN’S BIG PHAT BAND…rippin’ n runnin’ (that’s how we roll)

KARRIN ALLYSON…sophisticated lady (‘round midnight)

YELLOWJACKETS…why is it (timeline)

* Sonny Rollins Interview

SONNY ROLLINS…tenor madness (road shows vol. 1)

JOHN HOLLENBECK & ORCHESTRE NATIONAL DE JAZZ…falling men (shut up and dance)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1298...17-18 DECEMBER 2011

GERALD WILSON…variation on a theme by igor stravinsky (legacy)

TIERNEY SUTTON…tbd (american road)

* Sonny Rollins Interview

SONNY ROLLINS…street runner with child (“alfie” soundtrack)

CHRISTIAN McBRIDE BIG BAND…brother mister (the good feeling)

BOOKER T. JONES…harlem house (the road from memphis)

RANDY BRECKER & DR BIG BAND…I talk to trees (the jazz ballad song book)

ROSEANNA VITRO…last night I had a dream (the music of randy newman)

* Sonny Rollins Interview

SONNY ROLLINS…it’s alright with me (1955)

DONALD HARRISON/RON CARTER…treme swagger (this is jazz)

Next Week…SHOWS #1299-1300...17-18 DECEMBER 2011

Special Feature…COREA, CLARKE & WHITE: TIMELESS TRIO OF MODERN JAZZ!

Join Russ Davis as he takes you backstage at the Moody Theatre in Austin, Texas to talk to

Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke & Lenny White as they reveal the secrets behind their decades

of work together in the various incarnations of Return To Forever.