[JPL] Bob Brookmeyer RIP

Jae Sinnett jaejazz at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 14:22:53 EST 2011

Oh man...one of the greatest arranger/composers...period...not just jazz. His influence on Maria Schneider is unmistakable. "New Works" on Challenge I believe was a masterpiece. Another sleeper in my view was by vocalist Helen Schneider...her "Right As the Rain" CD with Brookmeyer doing the arranging. What a great loss indeed. R.I.P.

Jae Sinnett