[JPL] Bob Brookmeyer RIP

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Fri Dec 16 17:07:43 EST 2011

Kenny Werner pays tribute to Bob on his recent release with Brussels
Jazz Orchestra, Institute of Higher Learning.  He says Brookmeyer
belongs in the pantheon with Duke and Gil Evans.
I was preparing a Brookmeyer birthday tribute to Bob for Monday, his
82nd.  Alas, it'll be a memorial tribute instead on Monday and Tuesday.

Tom

On 12/16/2011 2:22 PM, Jae Sinnett wrote:
> Oh man...one of the greatest arranger/composers...period...not just jazz. His influence on Maria Schneider is unmistakable. "New Works" on Challenge I believe was a masterpiece. Another sleeper in my view was by vocalist Helen Schneider...her "Right As the Rain" CD with Brookmeyer doing the arranging. What a great loss indeed. R.I.P.
>
> Jae Sinnett

Tom Reney

Jazz à la Mode
Monday-Friday 8-11 p.m.