[JPL] Playlist: Jazz with Don Gordon - Hawaii - 12/22/11

Don Gordon dgordon at hawaiipublicradio.org
Fri Dec 23 04:51:50 EST 2011

Jazz with Don Gordon

Thursday December 22, 2011

KIPO – KIPM – KIPH – Hawaii

8:00pm – Midnight

Don Gordon

HPR

738 Kaheka Street

Honolulu, HI 96814

www.dongordon.net

8:00 pm

*Sean Nowell – Stockholm Sweetnin’ – Sweet Night – (Positone)

*Mac Gollehon – Oddyssey Of Nostalgia – Over The Rainbow – (American Showcase)

*Joan Stiles – Three Musicians – You Don’t Know What Love Is – (Oo-Blah-Dee)

*Steve Hall – Cruisin’ On Burnside – Cheesecake – (Moovealong)

*Freddy Hubbard – Pinnacle – The Summer Knows – (Renascence)

Kristin Korb – Where You’ll Find Me – Yes, I Know When I’ve Had It – (KK)

*Dado Moroni – Live In Beverly Hills – Ghanian Village – (Resonance)

Bruce Hamada – Two For The Road – It Never Entered My Mind – (DonDon)

9:00 pm

*Phil Norman – Encore – A Waltz For You Know Who – (MAMA)

*Ali Jackson – Yes! – The Shepherd – (Sunnyside)

*Houston Person – So Nice – Stephen Sondheim Medley – (HighNote)

*Organik Vibe Trio – Moscow – Zingaro – {self release)

*Mary Louise Knutson – In The Bubble – Bluesette – (Meridian)

Randy Brecker – Jazz Ballad Song Book – This Is All I Ask – (Red Dot)

*John Stein – Hi Fly – Laura – (Whaling City)

10:00 pm

Bob Mintzer – Swing Out – Swangalang – (MCG)

*Planet Jazz – Live At Smalls – The Intimacy Of The Blues – (Smalls)

City Rhythm Orchestra – Vibrant Tones – Senor Blues – (Limehouse)

*New England Jazz Ensemble – It’s A Grand Night For Swinging – (NEJE)

Jack Sheldon – California Cool – California Cool – (Butterfly)

*Andrea Wolper – Parallel Lives – Save Your Love For Me – (Jazzed Media)

11:00 pm

*Nicole Mitchell – Awakening – More Than I Can Say – (Delmark)

*Cory Weeds – Just Like That – You’re As Right As Rain – (Cellar Live)

Jeff Linsky – California – On The Strand – (Concord)

*Hiromi Uehara – Voice – Voice – (Telarc)

Mike Longo – Explosion – Frisco – (CAP)

Chuck Loeb – Plain ‘n’ Simple – Red Suede Shoes – (Tweety)

Pat Kelly – Reset – Kei’s Song – (Art Song)

*Indicates Recent Release