[JPL] The Jazz Odyssey - KZYX FM, Mendocino Public Radio - December 26, 2011

Jerry Karp jerry at rocketwords.com
Mon Dec 26 19:08:55 EST 2011

Greetings. Hope everybody had a great Christmas. Happy Hanukkah and Happy
New Year, everybody! Here's this week's Jazz Odyssey playlist. All
thebest, Jerry
*
*THE JAZZ ODYSSEY - Monday, December 26, 2011
KZYX - Mendocino County Public Radio www.kzyx.org
Jerry Karp - jerry at rocketwords.com*

Kenny Ellis* “Sevivon, Sov, Sov, Sov” from *Hannukah Swings* on *Favored
Nations**
Davka* “Needle of Light” from *Davka Live* on *Tzadik**
Rebbe Soul* “Avinu” from *Festival of Light* on *Six Degrees Records**
Ensemble Alegria* “Ventanas Altas Tienes Tu” from *Chants Séfarades*
on *Disques
Pierre Verany**
David Krakauer & Klezmer Madness featuring Socalled* “Bale Boste” from *Music
Meeting Festival Highlights 2011* on *Radio Nederland*

*John Worley* “Out of the Night Came You” from *Worlview* on *Dancing Sumo**
Miguel Zenon* “Chorreao” from *Jibaro* on *Marsalis Music**
Mitch Marcus Quintet* “SS Clagett” from *Countdown 2 Meltdown* on *Porto
Franco*

*Grady Tate* “Take the A Train” from *Tate-A-Tate* on *Prestige**
Anita O' Day* “Old Devil Moon” from *Anita Sings The Most* on *Hallmark**
Frank SInatra* “One for My Baby” from *Sinatra and Sextet: Live in Paris*on
*Reprise*

*Zoot Sims* “Blues for Nat (Live)” from *Live At Falcon Lair (With Joe
Castro Trio)* on *Concord Records, Inc.**
George Russell Sextet* “Lydiot” from *Ezz-thetics* on *Riverside/OJC/Fantasy
*

 *Bob Belden* “Paisaje Urbano” from *Miles Espanol: New Sketches Of Spain*on
*E One Entertainment/Koxch*
*Luther Vandross* “I've Been Working” from *Never Too Much* on *Epic*
*Kim Nalley* “I Put A Spell On You” from *She Put A Spell On Me* on *CE
Jazz & Blues*
*Tom Waits* “The One That Got Away” from *Small Change* on *Rhino/Elektra*
*Kenny Ellis* “'Twas the Night Before Hanukkah” from *Hanukkah Swings*
on *Favored
Nations Records*

--
Jerry Karp,