[JPL] 176th Edition "Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

Nancy Barell nbarell at nyc.rr.com
Tue Dec 27 15:52:04 EST 2011

Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year filled with Wonderful
Music...
--
Nancy Barell
"Jazz Spotlight On Sinatra"

03 FS/Christmas Medley    5:36    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Collection Disc 2
04 'Twas The Night Before Christmas - Wynton Marsalis    8:08    Wynton
Marsalis    Martha Stewart Living Music: Jazz For The Holidays
05 Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bill Evans    3:46    Bill Evans
Christmas Jazz Millennium Collection Vol. 1 Eco
06 Christmas Time    4:39    Ray Charles    The Spirit Of Christmas
Holiday        3    12/25/10 3:18 PM
07 A Child Is Born    5:04    Marian McPartland    An NPR Jazz Christmas
with Marian McPartland and Friends II
08 The Christmas Feeling    5:12    Mel Tormé    Christmas Songs

10 Winter Wonderland    2:37    Lou Rawls    Lou Rawls Christmas
11 God Bless The Child    7:22    Grant Green    Sunday Mornin'
12 Sleigh Ride    3:27    Diana Krall    Christmas Songs
14 I Really Don't Want Much For Christmas    4:19    Chris Botti featuring
Eric Benét    December
15 We Need a Little Christmas    3:58    Charles Bertini    Fresh Batch:
Jazz Treats For The Holidays, Vol. Two
16 God Bless The Child    3:10    Billie Holiday    Billie Holiday's
Greatest Hits

18 An Old-Fashioned Christmas    3:46    Frank Sinatra    The Complete
Reprise Studio Recordings [Disc 8]
19 Merry Christmas Baby - Kenny Burrell    3:25    Kenny Burrell
Christmas Jazz Millennium Collection Vol. 1 Eco
20 Cool Yule Kurt Elling    3:24    Kurt Elling    Single
21 Greensleeves    6:08    Trio Lorraine Desmarais & Jean-Pierre Zanella
Jazz for Christmas (Jazz Pour Noel)
22 The Secret Of Christmas - Susannah McCorkle    2:30    Susannah McCorkle
A Concord Jazz Christmas
23 Toyland    5:14    Royce Campbell    A Jazz Guitar Christmas
24 Christmas Time All Over The World    2:32    Sammy Davis Jr.    Christmas
With The Rat Pack
25 Deck The Halls - Herbie Hancock;Chick Corea    5:00    Herbie
Hancock;Chick Corea

27 I'll Be Home For Christmas    3:04    Doug Munro & La Pompe Attack    A
Very Gypsy Christmas
28 Snowfall - Tex Beneke;The Glenn Miller Orchestra    2:50    Tex
Beneke;The Glenn Miller Orchestra
29 Snowfall    5:31    The Dynamic Les DeMerle Band/Bonnie Eiselle    The
Jazz Spirit Of Christmas
30 Away In A Manger    5:06    Gaetano Letizia    Christmas Jazz Jam
31 Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers    3:27    Harry Connick, Jr.    When My
Heart Finds Christmas
32 Christmas In Rio - Claudio Roditi, Klaus Ignatzek, Jean-loui    4:02
Claudio Roditi, Klaus Ignatzek, Jean-louis Rassinfosse    Christmas Jazz
Ballads (Extended)
33 Mrs. Santa Claus    1:41    Nat King Cole    Christmas Bells

35 Christmas Memories    2:09    Frank Sinatra    The Complete Reprise
Studio Recordings [Disc 17]
36 What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?    4:57    Eric Reed /Erin Bode
Merry Magic
37 Christmas In New Orleans - Louis Armstrong    2:54    Louis Armstrong
Merry Christmas Happy Holiday Season
38 I'll Be Home For Christmas    4:29    Eddie Higgins    Christmas Songs
39 What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?    2:57    Karen Oberlin    Karen
Oberlin Live at the Algonquin
40 The Chipmunk Song    3:42    Grant Osborne, Peter Innocenti, & Jeff
Crouse    Little Town:  Carols for Christmas
41 Happy New Year    2:40    Carmen Lundy    Come Home
42    3:37    Doug Munro & La Pompe Attack&Cyrille Aimee    A Very Gypsy
Christmas/ Christmas Time Is Here   M

44 Jingle Bell Rock    3:07    Lou Rawls    Lou Rawls Christmas
45 I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day    3:40    Grant Osborne, Peter
Innocenti, & Jeff Crouse    Little Town:  Carols for Christmas
46 It Came Upon A Midnight Clear    2:52    Rat Pack    The Rat Pack
Christmas
47 Frosty The Snowman    5:07    Houston Person And Etta Jones    Together
At Christmas
48 Christmas Calypso Medley - The Montreal Jubilation Gospel Ch    7:41
The Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir    Have Yourself a Merry Little
Christmas  /
49 Baby It's Cold Outside (Featuring Norah Jones)    3:59    Willie Nelson
featuring Norah Jones    American Classic

51 I Wouldn't Trade Christmas    2:53    Frank Sinatra    The Complete
Reprise Studio Recordings [Disc 12]
52 My Favorite Things    4:36    Avery Sharpe Trio    Live
53 My Favorite Things    3:18    Tony Bennett    Snowfall - The Tony Bennett
Christmas Album
54 Christmas Eve - Billy Eckstine    3:04    Billy Eckstine    Verve
Presents: The Very Best of Christmas Jazz
55 Holiday For Strings (Live)    8:26    The Hal Galper Trio    Live At
Vartan Jazz
56 HAPPY HOLIDAYS    4:00    Manhattan Transfer
57 The Very Thought Of You    4:31    Etta James    Mystery Lady: Songs of
Billie Holiday
58 That Certain Feeling    2:36    Harmonie Ensemble New York    Gershwin by
Grofé: Original Orchestrations & Arrangements

60 That Old Feeling    2:14    Anita O'Day    Live in Tokyo 1963
61 Let It Snow    3:43    Doug Munro & La Pompe Attack    A Very Gypsy
Christmas
62 When My Heart Finds Christmas    4:32    Harry Connick, Jr.    When My
Heart Finds Christmas
63 Winter Wonderland    2:31    Helen Merrill    Christmas Song Book
64 I Walk A Little Faster    2:14    Mark Murphy    Mark Murphy Sings Mostly
Dorot
65 Christmas Time Is Here    5:20    Grant Osborne, Peter Innocenti, & Jeff
Crouse    Little Town:  Carols for Christmas
66 Bring A Torch, Jeannette, Isabella    4:18    Alex Leonard    Merry Cool
Christmas
67 Blue Christmas    3:51    Allan Harris    Dedicated To You

69 We Wish You The Merriest    2:14    Frank Sinatra/Bing crosby    A
Sinatra Christmas
70  If I Were A Bell    5:38    Bobby Hutcherson    Four Seasons
71 Christmas Blues - Jimmy Witherspoon, Jay McShann    3:01    Jimmy
Witherspoon, Jay McShann    Merry Christmas Happy Holiday Season
72 Frosty The Snowman    3:56    Roy Hargrove    J A  Christmas Album
73 Christmas Medley: Happy Holiday/Let's Start The New Year Right/ What Are
You Doing New Year's Eve?    3:26    Mel Tormé    Christmas Songs
74 They Say It's Wonderful    3:22    Hampton Hawes    Blues For Bud
75  's Wonderful    6:00    Diana Krall    Live In Paris
76 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer    4:12    Ray Brown Trio    Christmas
With The Ray Brown Trio

78 Cool Yule - Louis Armstrong    2:57    Louis Armstrong    Swingin'
Christmas
79 The New Year's Eve Song    4:01    Patricia Barber    The Cole Porter Mix
80 The Christmas Waltz    3:01    Rat Pack    Christmas With The Rat Pack
81 Auld Lang Syne    3:26    Alex Leonard    Merry Cool Christmas
82 Winter Wonderland    3:00    Mark O'Connor /Jane Monheit    An
Appalachian Christmas
83 Come All Ye Faithful    4:24    Chet Baker    Silent Nights
84 Angels We Have Heard On High - Silent Night - O Come All Ye Faithful
(Adeste Fideles)    4:10    Jack Jones    The Jack Jones Christmas Album
85 Twilight World    4:35    Mark Pompe And The Joey DeFrancesco Trio    You
Must Believe In Swing
86 Midnight Sleighride    3:02    Sauter-Finegan Orchestra    Sauter-Finegan
Orchestra - Inside the Sound [Disc 1]

88 This Christmas    4:42    Christian McBrideAbby Lincoln    Jazz For Joy:
A Verve Christmas Album
89     1:53    José Feliciano /It Came Upon A Midnight Clear    Feliz
Navidad
90 This Time Of Year    5:44    Etta James    12 Songs Of Christmas
91 Midnight Embrace    7:45    Dominick Farinacci    Dawn Of Goodbye
92 Jingle Bells    2:17    Sammy Davis Jr.    Christmas With The Rat Pack
93 Duke's Christmas    2:40    Duke Robilard    Stony Plain's Christmas
Blues
94 Santa Baby    3:52    Michael Buble    Christmas
95 Snowfall    4:15    Helen Merrill    Christmas Song Book