[JPL] Best jazz of the 1980s & '90s.

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Thu Dec 29 15:22:06 EST 2011

I agree, Brad.  But this, like a few other thorny issues for
programmers, is driven by a mania to play new releases that ends up
consigning many of these fine recordings to the oblivion of our music
libraries. (Speaking of which, does anyone still have shelf space in a
music library?  We ran out over a decade ago.)  Many of us are working
with time constraints that put enormous pressure on how much new
material we can get to, and in that balance between the historical, the
timely and the new, it's the recent that tends to lose out.

Tom

Tom Reney

"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.