[JPL] Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz #69 - "New Year's Eve Best of 2011 Jam"

Jazzevangelist scott at soulandjazz.com
Fri Dec 30 23:02:05 EST 2011

Soulandjazz.com Presents:
Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 69: ‘New Year’s Eve, Best of 2011 Jam’

Happy New Year! This is my final show of the year, and also a special New Year’s Eve edition to facilitate your weekend festivities & celebrations. If you can't afford a DJ for your party - I've got you covered. 150 minutes that will transport you to the hottest club in town - no matter where you happen to be listening.  Just click here to download the coolest party in town:  http://t.co/SQPc2Gtz

I put out the call on Facebook & Twitter for people to suggest their favorite groove oriented jazz tracks from the past year – and, with a few additions of my own, this show is the result . . . almost two and a half hours of solid groove. If your favorites from this past year are not represented . . . well, you obviously didn’t send me your suggestions - because if you had, it would be on the list. :-)

I have to admit that it’s not really a “Journey Through Jazz” this week – although I do consider just about all of these songs to be part of the Jazz Continuum. They are most certainly a conglomeration of styles & cultures, similar to the origins of jazz, all designed to make you dance or groove . . . which is what jazz was originally all about.

To that end I present to you a selection the “Best” grooves of 2011 featuring Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews (feat. Ivan & Cyril Neville), Eugene Wilde, Geila Zilkha, Weeland & The Urban Soul Collective, Banda Black Rio, Maysa, Mark de Clive-Lowe (feat. Omar & Sheila E), Intuit, Cindy Bradley, Down To The Bone, Grandad Turner, Josh Milan (feat. Sandra St. Victor), The E Family (feat. Earth, Wind & Fire), Anthony Nicolson (feat. Felena), Jfly (feat. Ike Stubblefield), Reel People (feat. Tony Momrelle), Jeff Lorber Fusion, Shuya Okino (feat. N’dea Davenport), Dynamic 4, LeNora Jaye, Sabrina Malheiros, Push, Joey Sommerville (feat. Alex Lattimore), Uptown Funk Empire (feat. Noel McKoy), Idan K & The Movement of Rhythm, Colin Sales (feat. Elaine Suzy Scott), 11 Acorn Lane, Simon Grey, Crystal Johnson, Sean McCabe & Stephanie Cooke, Sunlightsquare, Grupo Batuque, Quasimode (feat. Naruyoshi K) & Selim Sivad.  So, you’re all set for your New Year’s Eve Party – just download and play, and the party will happen.

This is the first in a series of “Best of 2011″ – which will only happen with your active participation. So, please send your suggestions for the best artists, tracks & CDs from throughout the Jazz Continuum during 2011 to Scott at SoulandJazz.com or find me via Facebook or Twitter . . . just look for the Jazz Evangelist.

Agape ya’ll & Happy New Year!
J. Scott Fugate, ‘The Jazz Evangelist’

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz #69: ‘New Year’s Eve Best of 2011 Jam’

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews (feat. Ivan & Cyril Neville) - Nervis - For True - 2011
Eugene Wilde - Ridiculous - Get Comfortable - 2011
Geila Zilkha - Perfect Situation - Appearance - 2011
Weeland & The Urban Soul Collective - Butterfly - The Golden Sessions - 2011
Banda Black Rio - Samba Nova - Super Nova Samba Funk - 2011
Maysa - Day N Night - Motions Of Love - 2011
Mark de Clive-Lowe (feat. Omar & Sheila E) - Get Started - Renegades - 2011
Intuit - Sarava - Voyage No. 2 - 2011
Cindy Bradley - Massive Transit - Unscripted - 2011
Down To The Bone - Second Nature - The Main Ingredients - 2011
Grandad Turner - Anything Your Heart Desires - My Friends, My Fam - 2011
Josh Milan (feat. Sandra St. Victor) - 	Everybody - Honeycomb Music, Vol. 1 - 2011
The E Family (feat. Earth, Wind & Fire) - Peace & Joy - Now & Forever - 2011
Anthony Nicolson (feat. Felena) - Getaway - Year Of The Rebel	 - 2011
Jfly (feat. Ike Stubblefield) - Eye On The Fly - Hypnotic - 2011
Reel People (feat. Tony Momrelle) - Star - Reel People Present: Golden Lady - 2011
Jeff Lorber Fusion - Montserrat - Galaxy - 2011
Shuya Okino (feat. N’dea Davenport)	 - Look Ahead - Destiny - 2011
Dynamic 4 - My Favorite Beats (Barrio Jazz Gang Remix) - The Complete Remixes - 2011
LeNora Jaye - Always Get Away (Ahmed Sirour Rework) - The Hurst Selection 1 - 2011
Sabrina Malheiros - Segredo - Dreaming - 2011
Push - The Punch - Push - 2011
Joey Sommerville (feat. Alex Lattimore) - Just Let Go (DJ Kemit Remix) - The Get Down Club - 2011
Uptown Funk Empire (feat. Noel McKoy) - Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now (SOS Remix) - The SOS Remixes - 2011
Idan K & The Movement of Rhythm - Mmmbooty - Cosmic Love Foundation - 2011
Colin Sales (feat. Elaine Suzy Scott) - C’est La Vie (Montana & Stewart Remix) - Download - 2011
11 Acorn Lane - Swing Thing - Swing Thing - 2011
Simon Grey - The Galatica Suite (Reel People Edit) - Reel People Present: Golden Lady - 2011
Crystal Johnson	 - Who Am I - The Day Before Heaven - 2011
Sean McCabe & Stephanie Cooke - Just A Little Bit - Just A Little Bit - 2011
Sunlightsquare - O Mi Shango (Fusion Beatz The Latin Drumz Remix) - O Mi Shango Remixes - 2011
Grupo Batuque - Na Batida do Agogo - Brazilian Love Affair - 2011
Quasimode (feat. Naruyoshi K) - Cosmic Eyes - Magic Ensemble - 2011
Selim Sivad - Let’s Get Free! - Let’s Get Free - 2011

For more information on who we are and what we do:
http://www.soulandjazz.com/about/

Product may be submitted for airplay consideration to:
J. Scott Fugate
Soulandjazz.com / Jazz Evangelist Promotions
309 Oakland Drive
Gainesville, GA
30501