[JPL] Stereo Jack's /Requiescat in pace

Jeff Turton jturton at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 21:03:26 EST 2011

Thanks for posting this Tom.....It has been comforting to still see Jack's in business as I travelled down Mass Ave because we have lost so many stores over the years. One of the great things about Boston were all the great stores to hang in. I learned so much from the many hours hangin at Jack's, Cheapo, Looney Tunes, Disc DIggers and others over the years. I built a vinyl collection of over 20,000 shopping at these Boston area stores. It was those same stores that bought back the vinyl when it came time to pare down the collection. I always felt like everything had come full circle. it was always about more than buying records. It was a hang and it was all about learning and listening to some amazing music. Jack's though has been special over the years. So many great stories. Might be time to go buy some music before the end of March

Jeff Turton