[JPL] Marley songs

Seymour, Bob BSeymour at wusf.org
Sun Feb 6 15:14:06 EST 2011

Hi, Larry --

Two that come to mind are Medeski, Martin  & Wood's medley of Bemsha Swing and Lively Up Yourself, on It's A Jungle In Here -- and baritone saxophonist Will Scruggs' version of Redemption Song, on his cd, Bluebari Jam, on  Summit.

(Didn't realize why you'd be asking, until I spoke with my sister-in-law in Miami a minute ago, who mentioned a TV news team where the woman noted its Bob Marley's birthday, and her sidekick with a big grin said Well, Happy Birthday, Bob!)

Bob Seymour
Jazz Director
WUSF Public Broadcasting
bseymour at wusf.org
813-974-8648
www.wusf.org

--

Can anyone recommend any jazz versions of Bob Marley songs (other than by Monty Alexander and Lee Ritenauer)?