[JPL] missing spins at KSJS, part 2

Bradley Stone stonebradley1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:57:27 EST 2011

Aloha,

Due to formatting issues, I am sending this email in two parts.  I will
reference my playlist (of my show) from yesterday, sent in the first email.

Once again, MediaGuide's monitoring of KSJS has been intermittent.  During
my program yesterday, the monitoring went down after recording a spin on the
Shawn Bell Quintet's "In the Wee Small Hours" at 10:29 a.m.  The monitoring
of KSJS did not resume until after the end of my show (2 p.m.), so
everything from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. was lost - a total of 29 spins of
new material was not recorded.  This is a lot of spins, given that a Number
1 CD on the JazzWeek chart might get 200-300 spins in a given week.  This is
very disturbing to me, as we work hard every week to insure that the new
releases are available to the DJs and get played according to our clock
.
Also (this may be of some help to Doug), at 1:46 p.m., a track by !!! was
recorded, "The Hammer", but I was playing a track by guitarist Patrick
Butler!

I have reason to believe that this has been happening on other KSJS shows as
well, so the problem is not restricted to just my show.  For instance, I
noticed none of our Heavy Rotation was played on Friday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.,
despite the fact that this is a jazz/blues shift with Ramon Johnson, and he
was on the air this past Friday.
The light (but not necessarily the monitor) is on,

Brad

--
Dr. Brad Stone
Music Director (Jazz, World, Blues) and Faculty Advisor