[JPL] WWSP music report week of 1/30/11 - 2/6/11

Russell Haines russjazzworld at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 15:59:24 EST 2011

*WWSP  JAZZ / WORLD / PLUS    Report for week of   1/30/11 – 2/6/11*

*WWSP 90fm*

*University of Wisconsin Stevens Point*

*30,000 Watts*

* *

*Russ Haines
*

*Jazz/World Music Director*

*WWSP 90fm*

*1608 Reserve Street*

*Stevens Point, WI. 54481*

*PLEASE USE E-MAIL FOR CONTACTING ME*

*russjazzworld at gmail.com* <russjazzworld at gmail.com>**

* *

*4 or more spins*

* *

5 Herb Albert & Lani Hall – I Feel You - Concord

5 Ernestine Anderson – Nightlife - HighNote

6 Ehud Ashereie – Organic – Positone

6 Jane Ira Bloom – Wingwalker – Outline

6 Francis Coletta/Jonas Tauber – Port Said Street - Origin

6 Roxy Coss – Self titled – Self produced

6 Rick Cutler – First Melancholy Then the Night Stretch – New Dude Records

6 Matija Dedic Trio – MD in NYC - Origin

5 DeFrancesco Brothers – Joey & Johnny – Vectordisc

5 Todd Del Giudice – Pencil Sketches – OA2

4 Jake Fryer/Bud Shank Quintet – In Good Company - Capri

5 Omar Hakim/Rachel Z – the Trio of OZ – Ozmosis Records

5 Fred Ho & the Green Monster Big Band – Year of the Tiger – Innova

4 Luther Hughes & the C.C. P. – Things Are Getting Better – Primose Lane

6 Jazzvox presents: In Your Own Backyard – OA2

5 Grace Kelly/Phil Woods – Man with the Hat - Pazz

6 Joe Lovano/Us Five – Bird Songs – Blue Note

6 Tom Luer – Project Popular - Origin

6 Marcus Miller – A Night in Monte-Carlo - Concord

5 New York Electric Piano – Keys to the City Vol. 1 & 2 – Buffalo Puppy

5 Markku Ounaskari/Samuli Mikkonen/Per Jorgensen – Kuara - ECM

5 Peter Paulsen Quintet – Goes Without Saying… - SquarePegWorks

6 Jeremy Pelt – The Talented Mr. Pelt - HighNote

5 Verneri Pohjola Quartet – Hot Pot Place around the Corner – KHY Suomen
Musiikki Oy

6 Noah Preminger – Before the Rain - Palmetto

5 Q.E.D. – Yet What Is Any Ocean… - Origin

5 Graham Reynolds & The Golden Arm Trio – Duke! Three Portraits of Ellington
– Innova

4 Jason Robinson - The Two Faces of Janus - Cuneiform

6 George Schuller Trio – Life’s Little Dramas – Fresh Sound New Talent

5 Marcus Shelby Orchestra – Soul of the Movement…. – Porto Franco Records

4 Bob Sheppard – Close Your Eyes – BFM Jazz

4 Tin Fish Tango – Plunge – Immersion Records

6 Joona Toivanen Trio – At My Side – CAM Jazz

5 Various – Everybody Wants to Be a Cat – Disney Jazz

5 Various – Jazz at the Concertgebouw 4 – Radio Nederland

5 Various – Jazz from Finland 2011 – Fimic

5 Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet – To Hear from There – Patois Records

5 Doug Webb – Renovations - Positone

5 Mark Weinstein – Jazz Brasil - Jazzheads

* *

*2 – 3 spins *

* *

3 John Burnett Orchestra – Down for Double - Delmark**

3 Patrick Butler – Transcender – Self produced

3 Todd Clouser – A Love Electric – Ropeadope

3 Steve Cole – Moonlight – Artistry Music

3 Shawn Costantino – Waltz for Anne – Self produced

3 Joseph Daley Earth Tones Ensemble – The Seven Deadly Sins - JARO

3 Phil DeGreg – Amazonas - Prevenient

3 Chantale Gagne’ – Wisdom of the Water - Musique

3 Mac Gollehon – Mac Straight Ahead – American Showplace Music

3 Robert Hurst – Bob Ya Head – BeBob Records

3 Jazz Professors – Live from the UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival – Flying Horse
Records

3 Jonathan Kreisberg – Shadowless – New For Now Music

3 Adia Ledbetter – Take 2: Rendevous with Yesterdays – Self produced

3 Amy London – Let’s Fly – Motema

3 Frank Macchia – Son of Folk Songs for Jazzers - Cacophony

3 Nancy Marano – Magic – Laughing Face

3 Dave Miller trio – Rapture – Summit

3 Marty Nau Group – Mood Ebony – Summit

3 Jaimee Paul – Melancholy Baby – Green Hill

3 Peter Scherr – Son of August – 1hr music

3 Bob Szajner – On the Bench in the Zone – Quixotic

3 Vold & Baker – Telemark Blue – Hot Club Records

3 Marty Williams – Long Time Comin’ – In Moon Bay Records

* *

*JAZZ ADDS WEEK OF 2/6/11*

*Beegie Adair – I Love Being Here With You – GreenHill Music*

*Larry Carlton – Plays the Sound of Philadelphia – 335 Records*

*Mike DiRubbo – Chronos – Positone*

*Kurt Elling – The Gate - Concord*

*Geoffrey Keezer/Peter Sprague Band – Mill Creek Road – SBE Records*

*Gene Ludwig – Love Notes of Cole Porter – Big O Records*

*Matthew Rybicki – Driven – Self produced*

* *

*** REISSUES***

4 Chet Baker – She was good To Me – CTI

*** *Hubert Laws – Morning Star -  CTI*

* *

*W = WORLD          *** Add this week*

* *

*W *6 Afro-Soultet – Afrodesia – Luv N’ Haight**

*W *5* *Aurelio – Laru Beya – Sub Pop/Stone Tree**

*W *6 Newman Taylor Baker – Drum Suite Life - Innova**

*W *4 V.M. Bhatt & Matt Malley – Sleepless Nights – World Village

*W *6 Vinicius Cantuaria/Bill Frisell – Lagrimas Mexicanas - eone**

*W *6 Gao Hong – Quiet Forest, Flowing Stream - Innova**

*W *5 Duo Jalal – A Different World - Innova**

*W *5 Empresarios – Sabor Tropical – Fort Knox Records**

*W *4 Fat* *Freddy’s Drop – Live at The Roadhouse London - Drop**

*W *5* *Jerry Leake/Randy Roos – Cubist Live - Rhombus**

*W* 5 Pooja Goswami Pavan – How Shall I Say? - Innova

*W* 5 Nirmala Rajasekar – Into the Raga - Innova**

*W* 5 Ballake’ Sissoko/Vincent Segal – Chamber Music – Six Degrees

*W *5 Various (DJ UMB) - Traditional Dubstep – Six Degrees**

*W *5* *Various – Yoga – Putumayo

*W* 6 Wahid – Inside Silence – ADW Records**

* *

*PLUS  =  Music that fits multiple formats at WWSP*

4 Chris Antonik – Self titled – Self produced

5 David Caceres – Self titled - Sunnyside

4 Gerald Cleaver – Uncle June Be It As I See It – Fresh Sounds New Talent

3 Douye’ – Journey – Groove Note Records

4 Carlos Go Go Gomez – New Paradigm Global Music – Kidlat Records

5 Dave Hanlon’s Cookbook – Hot & Sweet – Tasty Tracks Records**

5 Katherine Jenkins – Believe - Reprise

*** *Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra – World of Funk - Ubiquity*

3 Elvis Presley/Various/Cirque Du Soleil – Viva Elvis – RCA/Legacy/Circ Du
Soleil

3 Graham Reynolds - The Difference Engine – Innova

4 Neil Rolnick – Extended Family - Innova

3 Nick Stefanacci Band – 26 Years – Self produced

4 Walter Weasel/Mary Halvorsen/Peter Evans – Electric Fruit – Thirsty Ear

* *

*The** next add date for WWSP is 2/13/11.  I will have space for 15 Jazz
discs. I review and add discs in the order in which they are received. All
discs chart for 7 – 8 weeks and then move to recurrent. This is to keep up
with the quantity of quality music that we receive. Thanks for your support
of WWSP 90fm.*

*  Russ*

Russ Haines
Jazz/World Music Director