[JPL] WMOT goes classical

ghunt at mtsu.edu ghunt at mtsu.edu
Tue Feb 8 09:24:11 EST 2011

Hi gang!
Our administrators have actually saved a good chunk of the week for jazz.  WMOT's broadcast week consists of 30 hours of classical (local & syndicated); 40 hours of news (NPR, PRI and the like); a few public affairs hours; and 96 hours of jazz (25% of it locally produced, plus Bob Parlocha & other syndicated programs).

Though I wouldn't actually consider WMOT to have "gone classical", I can sure understand that perception by those who've enjoyed & supported near wall-to-wall jazz on 'MOT for decades - and yes, it hurts me, too.

greg-WMOT