[JPL] WMOT goes classical

Lloyd Townsend, Jr. jazz at imaginaryrecords.com
Tue Feb 8 10:19:42 EST 2011

Greg:

I do appreciate all you've done for Tennessee jazz over the years!
But you're just sugarcoating the bad news for Tennessee jazz
musicians, aren't you?

25% of 96 hours a week is only 24 hours of locally-produced jazz
programming -- and maybe 3-4 hours of that will go to spinning local
artists' CDs.  Hardly enough to expose more than the already well-
known artists in the area, not to mention the new artists from the
rest of the world.

Though maybe now the local classical groups will get some airtime...

Lloyd