[JPL] WMOT Programming Changes/Pledging

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:37:51 EST 2011

I Totally agree.  You get what  you ask for.  I was on a roll one night
getting $180 day sponsors and the development person said "We haven't
been asking for basic pledges at $35 so let's do that."  We did and
started getting $35 pledges.  After about 15 minutes I said I am going
back for $180, $250 and up and then a $1,000 pledge came in.  This was
many yeas ago.

I volunteered at another Pubic Station and received more pledges that
they had seen in years.  In this case the station was not frequently
giving the phone numbers for listeners to call in.  It was and is a
great station but sometimes we can learn from the success of others and
it does not have to come from NPR consultants.
ALOHA
Tom