[JPL] PLAYLIST: Continuum, A Journey Through Jazz - "Bess st of 2010, #4" (SoulandJazz.com)

scott at soulandjazz.com scott at soulandjazz.com
Tue Feb 8 19:52:06 EST 2011

Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz
Episode 41: “The Best of 2010, Part 4”

Hosted & Produced by J. Scott Fugate, “The Jazz Evangelist”

Welcome back to another journey through the Jazz Continuum as I embark of the fourth episode of the ‘Best of 2010′ as suggested by YOU – the SoulandJazz.com listeners. Well…those that sent their suggestions to me at scott at soulandjazz.com

Here is the link for you to listen or download, free, legal & CD quality:  http://bit.ly/eHfN5T

This week we kick things off with one of Atlanta’s best: Joe Gransden, followed by two sultry Jazz sirens, Annie Sellick & Cassandra Wilson. You’ll also hear from four of the Grammy nominees for Best Jazz Instrumental Album (Individual or Group) – James Moody, Danilo Perez, John Beasley, and The Vijay Iyer Trio… as well as the Grammy nominee for Best Latin Jazz Album, Chucho Valdés & The Afro-Cuban Messengers. You’ll also hear from a couple of somewhat experimental jazz artists – Sarah Manning & Scott DuBois.

Ten excellent & eclectic tracks, chosen by you & presented for you. I still have suggestions left over for at least one more ‘Best of’ episode – so, if I haven’t featured your favorite from the past year yet, there’s still time to let me know! Hang on and enjoy the ride!

PLAYLIST: Continuum – A Journey Through Jazz

Episode 41: “The Best Of 2010, Part 4”

Artist – Track – Album – Year

Joe Gransden – Topsider - Live At Churchill Grounds - 2010

Annie Sellick - Some Cats Know - Street Of Dreams - 2010

Cassandra Wilson - Forty Days And Forty Nights - Silver Pony - 2010

James Moody - Take the A Train - Moody 4B - 2010

Danilo Perez - Providencia - Providencia - 2010

John Beasley - Shatita Boom Boom - Positootly! - 2010

Vijay Iyer Trio - Mystic Brew - Historicity - 2010

Chucho Valdés & The Afro-Cuban Messengers - New Orleans (A Tribute to The Marsalis Family) - Chucho’s Steps - 2010

Sarah Manning  - The Owls (Are On The March) - Dandelion Clock  - 2010

Scott DuBois - Souls - Black Hawk Dance - 2010