[JPL] About Roy Hargrove & Roy Haynes

Arturo Gomez arturo at kuvo.org
Wed Feb 9 12:01:59 EST 2011

Steve S. wrote <<< Got word recently from Ted Kurland, Assoc that Hargrove and Haynes have a CD in the can and a tour planned for the Fall.

Haynes and Hargrove. That sounds good! >>>>>>

Yes, I was hipped to this session in my conversation with Larry who is very elated about this recording. It turns out that Clothier's favorite drummer from his teen years to this day has been "Snap-Crackle' Haynes, so he jumped at the chance to have him record with Hargrove. We both agreed that even as an octogenarian Haynes is on top of his game, Roy meets Roy, can't wait!

Arturo Gómez
Music Director
The Oasis In The City, The Front Range and the High Country!
jazz89KUVO 89.3FM DENVER, 89.7FM BRECKENRIDGE, KVJZ 88.5FM VAIL
Colorado's First HD FM Radio Station