[JPL] Jazz For Egypt

eric jackson eric-jackson at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 16:06:16 EST 2011

Mtume's composition Sais has been recorded by Sonny Rollins, Mtume and
Lonnie Liston Smith.

Alice Coltrane has a CD called Ptah the El Daoud. She also recorded a
tune called Blue Nile on another CD.

Don't the MJQ have a tune called Pyramids?

Symbolically, Dave Holland's tune Shifting Sands. There's a new version
of that tune on a new CD by a violinist. The CD is self titled but I
can't remember the artist's name. Curtis W??????

Eric Jackson
WGBH Boston
Mon -Thurs 8 PM - Mid
Sunday 10 PM - Mid.