[JPL] Program List: The Vinyl Side of Midnight (89.7FM WLNZ)

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:59:24 EST 2011

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2011

2/13/11

Tonight’s show is dedicated to Mr. Byron Lyles

On Valentine’s Eve we offer a varied program; a big set opens with different
takes on a Gershwin classic; a trio of classic “You’ve Changed”
interpretations; some Latin, some new stuff, a bunch of old friends. All
this, the Jazz Calendar and a Valentine Suite to end the evening. Tune in
and have fun!

Theme: John Coltrane - Syeeda’s Song Flute; GIANT STEPS (Atlantic)
Nat Adderly - Work Song; WORK SONG (Riverside)

I’ve Got Rhythm Suite:
Fats Waller - I’ve Got Rhythm; A PORTRAIT OF... (Gallerie Records)
Duke Ellington Orchestra - Cottontail; CENTENNIAL EDITION (RCA VICTOR)
Charlie Parker - Thrivin’ On A Riff; ORNITHOLOGY (Proper Records)
Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers w/Thelonious Monk - Rhythm-A-Ning (Atlantic)
Miles Davis Quintet - Oleo; THE LEGENDARY PRESTIGE SESSIONS (Prestige)

Jazz Calendar
Carl Allen/Rodney Whitaker - What’s Going On? WORK TO DO (Mack Avenue
Records)
Available Jelly - Boppard; HAPPY CAMP

Dee Dee Bridgewater - You’ve Changed; TO BILLIE WITH LOVE FROM... (DDB
Records)
Dexter Gordon - You’ve Changed; DOIN’ ALLRIGHT (Blue Note Records)
Billie Holiday - You’ve Changed; LADY IN SATIN (Columbia Records)

Shawn Costantino - Can’t Buy Me Love; WALTZ FOR ANNE
Mark Weinstein - Nefertiti; JAZZ BRASIL (Jazzheads)
Miles Davis Quintet - Orbits; MILES SMILES (Columbia Records)

Issac Delgado - Green Eyes; L*O*V*E (Calle 54 Records)
Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet - Serafina Del Caribe; TO HEAR FROM THERE
(Patois Records)

Linda Oh Trio - Morning Sunset; ENTRY
Plunge - Huff Around; TIN FISH TANGO (Immersion Records)

Jane Ira Bloom - Freud’s Convertible; WINGWALKER (Outline Records)
Nordic Connect (w/Ingrid Jensen) - Travel Fever; SPIRALS (Artist Share)

Dave Miller Trio - I Thought About You; RAPTURE (Summit Records)
Francis Coletta/Jonas Tauber - How Insensitive; PORT SAID STREET (Origin
Records)

Valentine Suite:
Sarah Vaughan - Someone To Watch Over Me; BELIEVING (Verve Records)
Blossom Dearie - I Walk A Little Faster; DREAMING (Verve Records)
Johnny Hodges - The Last Time I Saw Paris; DREAMING (Verve Records)
Bill Henderson - I’ve Got A Crush On You; EVER (Verve Records)
Stan Getz - Thanks For The Memories; ALWAYS (Verve Records)

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be
heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on  http://www.lcc.edu/radio/ - hosted by Mike
Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time.
Feel free to forward this to friends.
If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply
contact me at dreamtrane at gmail.com

You can use that same address for promotional information.
For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com