[JPL] PLAYLIST: The next Jazz America on VOA

Russ Davis davispro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 00:14:50 EST 2011

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission. The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 134 million listeners worldwide each weekend.

Jazz America airs twice each weekend online in the Eastern time zone on Saturday from 1-3 AM (That's 11 PM-1 AM Pacific time, Friday into Saturday AM) and Sunday from 9-11 AM Eastern time (That's 6-9 AM Pacific). Go to the following url…(http://www1.voanews.com/english/programs/radio/64963177.html)

…to get more info on Jazz America and to listen to the latest program in MP3 form or on Windows Media Player.

Listen on Shortwave:  1300 GMT/UTC Saturdays and Sundays

Africa - 4.95 6.08 13.57 15.58 17.895 mhz

Middle East and Europe - 12.005 15.53 mhz

Asia and Pacific - 7.43 7.575 9.7 12.15 mhz

Jazz America is also heard on affiliate FM & AM stations worldwide. International listeners should check their local radio station guide for more information. For any comments or communication you can reach me by email at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Jazz America with Russ Davis

105 east 16th street/# 7 south•new york, ny 10003

phone...212 614-0424   email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1211...19-20 FEBRUARY 2011

NINA SIMONE...my baby just cares for me (live-1987)

WAYNE WALLACE...r.s.v.p. (dedication)

* Chick Corea Interview

CHICK COREA...the embrace  (tap step)

DAVID “FATHEAD” NEWMAN...the gift (the gift)

THE CRUSADERS...stomp & buck dance (southern comfort)

KURT ELLING...steppin’ out (the gate)

* Chick Corea Interview

CHICK COREA...matrix (1968)

KURT ROSENWINKEL...turns (our secret world)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #1212...19-20 FEBRUARY 2011

WORLD SAXOPHONE QUARTET...hattie wall (yes we can)

YOUN SUN NAH...breakfast in baghdad (same girl)

* Chick Corea Interview

CHICK COREA...central park (secret agent)

HUBERT LAWS...morning star (morning star)

STEPS AHEAD...oops (modern times)

MANHATTAN TRANSFER...free samba (the chick corea songbook)

* Chick Corea Interview

CHICK COREA...the spain theme (corea.concerto)

HORACE SILVER...camouflage (six pieces of silver)

Next Show…SHOWS #1213-1214...26-27 FEBRUARY 2011

Special Feature…SATURDAY NIGHT AT BIRDLAND!

Russ Davis takes you to New York City’s legendary jazz club to talk to the artists who gathered to celebrate Freddie Hubbard in the band Hub-Art.  You’ll hear the words and music of Lenny White, George Cables, Nicholas Payton and Javon Jackson.