[JPL] Hell hath no fury like a Belieber scorned

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 12:19:14 EST 2011

My kids (11 and 7) aren't Beliebers either (Benjamin is into the Gorillaz
and Green Day but plays guitar, bass and saxophone and Calder is mainly a
Beatles nut - they've both been going to the jazz festival regularly since
they were born - for obvious reasons!); I think Beiber looks like an
incredibly talented individual - I haven't seen many people who could pull
off what he has before the age of 17 - but I don't like his music very much.

But I'm still in shock that enough voting members knew about ES to give her
the nod but it's a choice I heartily agree with (still think Cee-Lo should
have had song of the year but what were those Muppets about?)

BTW, it was hard to track down but here's Esperanza's duet with Bobby
McFerrin at the afternoon awards (they were co-hosts):

http://www.grammy.com/videos/host-performance-at-53rd-annual-grammy-awards-pre-telecast

Still hoping they put up the Trombone Shorty performance of Hurricane Season
which just burned - that should have been on the main telecast at least! ..

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Lazaro Vega <wblv.wblu.fm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Russ,
>
> I'm not dismissin Justin's talent -- I have a 7 year old and a 9 year
> old daughter and have heard a lot of his music as well as his film. As
> a little tot he was happening. I'm just saying, he's not on the
> faculty at Berklee, yet. As the youngest musician to have made that,
> Esperanza DOES have a lot to teach him about music. The kid is, what,
> 16?
>
> LV

====
Nou Dadoun