[JPL] Playlist, Desert Island Jazz, WHFC; Remembering George Shearing

Desert Island Jazz desert.island.jazz at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 16:10:06 EST 2011

Playlist for Desert Island Jazz with Dave May, Tuesday, 2-15-12, 6 - 9 PM
Eastern, WHFC-FM 91.1, Bel Air, MD.  Online at www.desertislandjazz.net
<http://www.desertislandjazz.net/>  and www.whfc911.org
<http://www.whfc911.org/> .

Featured artist: George Shearing

TITLE                ALBUM             LABEL              ARTIST

Take Ten           Complete Desmond/Hall Quartet Mosaic  Paul Desmond/Jim
Hall

Alone Together  Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 1        Concord Jazz    George
Shearing

I Could Write A Book      Duets    Concord Jazz    George Shearing w/Mel
Torme

Blue Prelude      I Love Being Here with You         Green Hill
Beegie Adair

Jazz Moments   Syndicated Feature        NEA

On Green Dolphin Street George Shearing Quintet w/Nancy Wilson
Capitol  George Shearing w/Nancy Wilson

I Cover the Waterfront     Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 1        Concord Jazz
George Shearing

You Don't Know What Love Is     Duets   Concord Jazz    Hank Jones w/George
Shearing

Tribute to Charlie            Musica  JLP       Helio Alves

Lullaby of Birdland          Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 2        Concord
Jazz    Tito Puente w/George Shearing

Serenata           Cole Sings, Shearing Plays        Capitol  Nat King Cole
w/George Shearing

You're All I Need            Duets    Concord Jazz    Carmen McRae w/George
Shearing

Incident Nice 'n' Easy     TNC Jazz          Carl Fontana & Jiggs Whigham

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen   Christmas with George Shearing Telarc   George
Shearing

New York, New York Medley       Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 2        Concord
Jazz    Mel Torme w/George Shearing

Song of Her       Forest Flower: At Monterey         Atlantic Charles Lloyd
Quintet

Whisper Not      The Swingin's Mutual      Capitol  George Shearing Quintet

Don't Explain     Jazz Moods: Mood Indigo           Concord
George Shearing w/Brian Torff

Pensativa          Free for All        Blue Note          Art Blakey & Jazz
Msngrs

Prose and Consequence Point A to Point A          IvoryHorns         Reggie
Pittman-Loren Daniels Quartet

Blue Monk         Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 2        Concord Jazz
George Shearing

Easy to Love     Grand Piano      Concord Jazz    George Shearing

Lullaby of Birdland          The Swingin's Mutual      Capitol  George
Shearing Quintet

Pick Yourself Up            Cole Sings, Shearing Plays        Capitol  Nat
King Cole w/George Shearing

Body and Soul   Duets    Concord Jazz    Ernestine Anderson w/George
Shearing

You Stepped Out of a Dream      Destinations      Resonance        Tamir
Hendelman

Born to be Blue  An Evening with George Shearing            Concord Jazz
Mel Torme w/George Shearing

Alone Together  Duets    Concord Jazz    Marian McPartland w/George Shearing

Fever    I Love Being Here with You         Green Hill          Beegie Adair

I Love You         Profile   Dreambox Media            Larry McKenna w/Nancy
Reed vocals

I Hear a Rhapsody         Duets    Concord Jazz    Jim Hall w/George
Shearing

Emily    Lullabies of Birdland, Disc 1        Concord Jazz    George
Shearing

Mack the Knife  Grand Piano      Concord Jazz    George Shearing

You Look Good To Me    We Get Requests          Verve    Oscar Peterson Trio