[JPL] Playlist-Jazz with George Thomas with Big Bands & More for Wednesd...

George Thomas jazz at vpr.net
Thu Feb 17 09:49:09 EST 2011

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reminder about Stan Kenton.
During a Membership Drive it's hard to fit everything in and I'm
planning to feature his music during a special show. I also didn't get to
play Sun Ra, Rob McConnell, Woody Herman, Claude Thornhill, The
Sweethearts of Rhythm or Maria Schneider's music or a myriad of other
great big bands. Would there were more than my 10 hours a week.

Nice to know you check out the VPR Jazz playlists.

Peace,

George

> How can you omit/forget/ignore Stan Kenton, whose centennial is this  year?
>
> Ed
>

> In a message dated 2/16/2011 11:32:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jazz at vpr.net writes:

> Jazz  with George Thomas with Big Bands & More for Wednesday,  02/16/11
>
> Tonight we celebrate Big Bands in Jazz including the  Orchestras of
Benny
> Goodman, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, Artie Shaw,  Oliver Nelson,
Kendrick
> Oliver & The New Life Orchestra, Charles  Mingus, The Marsalis Family,
Benny Carter & More. It's all made  possible by your financial support,
please make a pledge now at VPR.net  & thanks.

--
Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas
Vermont Public Radio

802-654-4343