[JPL] Can Jazz Matter? The NEA and the Jazz Masters Awards

Bob Harrigan rharrigan at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 20:14:53 EST 2011

Dear Mr.Davis,Delighted to see you have recognized someone from Sweden.I was
kind of sad when you responded to the 2 cds I sent to you hoping for
whatever,granted in looking back I should have sent to you an e-mail with
some info re
                         the artist in question and gone from there rather
than just blindly sending them to you.You said the music did not fit in with
your programming and that’s fine no problem however the pianest/conductor of
the Dallas Symphony
                         Orchestra praised Mr.Gregorgy Slavin as a BRILLIANT
classical artist and then a gentleman who fell in love with jazz.jazz Jazz
Inside(Eric N.)gave Mr.Slavins' first cd(solo)an excellent
review...........your opinion sir,the future of
                         jazz,John Swana tpt,Larry McKenna sax(tenor) both
Philly,Pa.THANK YOU<GOD BLESS YOU/LOVED ONES,RESPECTFULLY,ROBERT JUDE
(Bob)HARRIGAN (JAZZ FESTIVALS/FLORIDA) P.S.I have a friend who became a
millionaire
                         before he turned 40...........he goes to
Norway/Denmark/Sweden every year,says to me,Bob,I love the broads;I
said,Phil,would you ever want to move there? He said God no!