[JPL] gospel songs and spirituals by jazz musicians

onthebeach at aol.com onthebeach at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 21:48:53 EST 2011

Louis  "When The Saints Go Marchin' In"
Dizzy "Swing Low Sweet Chariot"

Brubeck "Gates of Justice"
Slide Hampton & His Horn of Plenty "Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child"
Don Patterson "Oh Happy Day"
Wynton the In This House On this Morning CD
David Murray "Nobody Knows The Trouble Ive Seen/Down By The Riverside" from Spirituals
Cyrus Chestnut's Blessed Quietness CD

and i few more which i had a hand in (ive long been interested in this musical intersection):

Mark Whitfield "Go Down Moses" & "Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen" from Patrice
Henry Butler "I Want Jesus To Walk With Me" from Fivin Around
Eric Essix "Have A Talk With God", "Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child" & "People Get Ready" from Southbound

ricky schultz
www.jazzconsultant.com