[JPL] Program List: The Vinyl Side of Midnight (89.7FM WLNZ)

Mike Stratton dreamtrane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 19:43:54 EST 2011

Vinyl Side of Midnight 2011

2/20/11

Tonight’s show is split into three parts:

Hour #1 is an interview with Michael Eyia, director of the 11 piece Lansing
based Latin band, Orquestra Ritmo. Michael will talk about the band’s
history, his influences and the upcoming show at Perspectives 2 Studio in
Old Town on this Saturday, 2/26/11 (get your tickets soon because this is
sure to be a sell out.)

Hour #2 is devoted to The Jazz Calendar and What’s New, a batch recent jazz
recordings.

Hour #3 is a special sound collage that I’ll be mixing live in the studio in
honor of Black History Month. There will be over 100 bits of recordings and
news clips, ranging from ragtime to hip hop and everything in between. Live
radio at it’s best and most adventurous!

Set List:

Hour #1

Interview w/Michael Eyia and music he brings in, including music by
Orquestra Ritmo!

Hour #2

The Jazz Calendar

Carl Allen/Rodney Whitaker - What’s Going On? WORK TO DO (Mack Avenue
Records)

Omar Hakim/Rachel Z - King of Pain; THE TRIO OF OZ

Jamiee Paul - I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For; MELANCHOLY BABY
(Green Hill)

The Reggie Pittman/Loren Daniels Quartet - Waterwind; POINT A TO POINT A

The Brian Langus Quartet - Gnosis; TRAVERSE (Blue Land Records)

Gene Ludwig - What Is This Thing Called Love: LOVE NOTES OF COLE PORTER (Big
O Records)

Chad McCullough & Bram Weijters - Is That It? IMAGINARY SKETCHES (Origin
Records)

Frank Butrey - Acoustic Afternoon; MALICIOUS DELICIOUS (Lust For Toys
Records)

Cuong Vu 4-Tet - Something; LEAPS OF FAITH (Origin Records)

Kurt Elling - Norwegian Wood; THE GATE (Concord Records)

Hour #3

Sound Collage, improvised by the host and based on over 100 recordings in
honor of Black History Month.

This is the playlist for this week’s Vinyl Side of Midnight, which can be
heard on 89.7 FM WLNZ in the Greater Lansing area, or you can tune in
internationally on the web on http://www.lcc.edu/radio/ - hosted by Mike
Stratton, Sunday nights, 9- midnight, Eastern Standard Time.

Feel free to forward this to friends.

If you’ve received this and would like to be removed from the list simply
contact me at dreamtrane at gmail.com

You can use that same address for promotional information.

For more information, visit www.mikestratton.com