[JPL] Stereo Jack's /Requiescat in pace

Nou Dadoun nou.dadoun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 02:38:20 EST 2011

I've never been to Stereo Jack's but over the years I've exchanged a number
of emails with Jack Woker who was an active and knowledgeable participant in
the old rec.music.bluenote usenet music group days;

I can commiserate with what he's going through though - I closed my store,
Black Swan Records in Vancouver, in 2004 around its 27th anniversary.  To
add insult to injury, the condo that is now where the store stood for 17
years is called The Black Swan with a Starbucks in the actual corner
location; the subsequent location of 8 years standing is now a Dollar
Store.  The times they are a-changin ...

N.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Tom Reney <tr at wfcr.org> wrote:

>  Paul Combs reported earlier today that Stereo Jack's may stay open a few
> months longer than anticipated, but here's a re-send of the original Boston
> Globe story.
>

> http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/cambridge/2011/02/after_29_years_stereo_jack_shu.html

====
Nou Dadoun