[JPL] JazzWeek Summit

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 23 12:22:04 EST 2011

I just want to ECHO the note from Dr. Jazz.  The Summit is certainly a
valuable tool for musicians to help them in a casual environment
understand the music business beyond their playing.  As an artist if you
do not understand Jazz Charting, Mediaguide, sequencing of selections on
recordings, knowing and meeting the PROS in the Jazz Promotion business
you should take the time to register now at Early Bird Rates to help you
attend in a cost effective way.

I have never missed a Jazz Summit and each year I come away with new
information, insights and especially understand new technology better.

The Summit is also in conjunction with the Rochester International Jazz
Festival which avails you to great performances in concert halls, in
clubs, churches and in the blocked off streets.  Hey there are even
Artist Jazz Showcases built into the Jazz Summit program.

Hope to see you there this June.
ALOHA
Tom